Trouble running own server

• ahevans
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ahevans

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all, hoping someone can help me with this.

I have a static IP from my ISP which points to my router, my router has 'virtual server' enabled to direct all port 80 tcp/udp traffic to the lan ip of my server (10.0.0.16). When I pop the server lan ip into a browser, apache 2.0 serves the page as expected. When I try to connect to the server from work via my public IP or dynamicDNS name, I get 'a connection was refused'.

Is there anything obvious that I am missing?

Cheers

p.s my router is an origo asr 8400
  • shanee86
  • Born
  • Born
  • shanee86

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have had the same problem and tried for months to fix it and nothing! I think I may have had it set wrong did you try port forwarding to the public ip not your local ip? I am not sure how to get this working since like I said I never got it work. SO I just took the router out and just plugged my net into my pc and it worked fine! As for your problem I hope you get it solved and if you do please tell me how so I can fix mine also thanks! Also are you sure you are getting a refused error or a premission denied thats what I got but anyway thanks! Hope you get this fixed!
  • ahevans
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ahevans

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think my problem is with the router. I can use my internal lan ip so get to apache fine and i have the router to forward all port 80 traffic to the server, plus put a rule in the routers firewall AND put the server in the DMZ, I really cant think of anything else.

Problem is I dont have a dsl modem on the server, only a lan connection from the router, and if i got a modem my other pc wont be able to connect :(

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts