Unflux Hosting coming to an end

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

As you may or may not know Unflux Hosting will be shutting down in the near future. I have been the one managing the Unflux servers and that is why those of you who host there know things are always up and running fast, just like Ozzu is.

For those of you interested in having something similiar I may be continuing the hosting over at Ozzu with its own servers. Before I proceed with something like this I am making a list of those who are interested in PAID hosting and if I can get enough interested to exceed the costs I may go ahead with this.

If you are interested in something like this whether you are an old Unflux Hosting customer or with someone else please let me know by either PMing me or responding to this thread.

UPDATE: Decided to move forward with Ozzu hosting. Please see this thread if you are interested:

http://www.ozzu.com/announcements/ozzu-hosting-t100565.html
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm interested as I told you in PM. Your management of UNFLUX servers has always been first class.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

how come unflux is closing down? what has happened to unflux the man himself?
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Been using UNFLUX for a few years now for a couple of sites. Never had any problems with it, so the fact you managed the hosting side of things Brian makes me want to continue with you. So, as already discussed with you i am going to continue hosting the two sites with you if you do get enough people to go ahead with this.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nucleo wrote:
how come unflux is closing down? what has happened to unflux the man himself?

I am not sure, he hasn't responding to any of my emails in months. The last I talked to him though he planned to shut things down on October 1, 2009 due to things not being profitable anymore.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

How's it looking so far ?

I've been thinking about it more lately. Looking at my disk usage, bandwidth usage. Finding myself climbing back from my 3rd page kick in the last SERP update. I went into the personal account I've had at Unflux for the last year and started looking around again.

Godaddy works, and it works well, but it would be nice to have access to both raw access logs and SSH(/SCP?) like I do at the current Unflux setup. Especially the raw logs. Godaddys' log setup has frustrated me for the last year.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am about half way there. Still needing more members interested.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts