Using SMTP service in another server

• basketmen
  • Student
  • Student
  • basketmen

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys,

I use a dedicated server, I cant send email to yahoo mail, I didn't send spam and already send bulkmaster to yahoo mail postmaster few times, but still didn't granted, like others people here, i cant move to another hosting company for now, its ok I don't blame the hosting company since they are very cheap, only get this problem with yahoo mail.

so the solution, i use SMTP service that in another server, i already ordered one with max 25.000 emails/month. Here are the authenticated SMTP details in another server I got for example :
Server: authsmtp.otherdomain.com
Username: username@authsmtp.otherdomain.com
Password: password

I already try it, I can use it with outlook express, its works sended to yahoo mail

Now can i set it inside the whm/cpanel? so i can use it for the entire email in the server, like the emails via php (ie. forum registration) and others, not only in outlook express via my computer

The SMTP service company only give methode using outlook express, not using whm/cpanel

Nb. And if its can, just need to route the following domains mail through this account, but if its cant its ok for all email just like the above its enough
yahoo dot co dot uk
yahoo dot com
yahoo dot cn
yahoo dot ca
yahoo dot com dot au
yahoo dot co dot in
ymail dot com
yahoo dot fr
rocketmail dot com
btinternet dot com
Moderator Remark: Cleaned up post a bit
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Since you have a dedicated server, I am thinking you have root access. What you can do is use IPTables to route all traffic to a certain port to a completely different IP address, such as your alternate SMTP service. Here is an example of how you can do this via shell if you have iptables configured and running (usually CPanel boxes do):

Code: [ Select ]
/sbin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -t nat -p tcp -d YOURSERVERIP --dport 25 -j DNAT --to ALTERNATESERVER:25

Basically with that any traffic sent to your servers ip on port 25 would be sent to your alternate server on port 25. In reality, you might not want to use port 25 as I am thinking your server is still handling mail traffic for mail coming to you, right? If that is the case you might want to send all your outgoing mail on another port with the server and redirect that port to your alternate server.

Regardless, you should be careful using the above and test it out first before putting it on a production server as you could mess up your mail system if you do it incorrectly.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts