I want to sell one of my websites

• wholesalechecklist
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • wholesalechecklist

Post 3+ Months Ago

I want to sell one of my websites. What would be the best place to do it? I am thinking ebay, but I am not sure how much I will get for it. Am I allowed to post the link here so people can let me know how much it will go for? Also, are there any tips to help it sell higher?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't have any recommendations for where, but before you post the link, you might want to read through this post:
http://www.ozzu.com/general-discussion/how-much-you-think-this-domain-worth-t50871.html

It might just answer your question.
  • wholesalechecklist
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • wholesalechecklist

Post 3+ Months Ago

I read through that post, and it makes sense - but I am selling my established website, which has been around for two years. I'll post the link. How much do you think it would go for in eBay? In my auction, I am going to state how the articles are posted all over the internet in respected website, how my rankings in google, msn, and yahoo are great, and how automated it is.

the link: http://www.hitsbam.com/
  • ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

that site is the same template that was used on the old ezlaptop website. did you rip that? Its the same logo and everything!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldn't pay more than the domain name is worth. Roughly about $25 bucks for two years.

After 2 years, your site only has 7 Google backlinks.
There are only 23 pages indexed by Google
There are only 639 sites that contain a reference to your site (most of which you spammed)
After two years, your Google PR is only a PR2

Please refer to the prior link given. Either work on the site to get the money you want, or dump it entirely when it expires in December. It's not a value, and you won't get anything for it.

Hope that doesn't offend you. Just telling you straight up how it is. As an off topic note, since your a Devils fan, I assume that means you like hockey. If so, I've got an NHL regular season hockey pool starting in a couple weeks and a Stanley cup post season pool at the end of the year. Click the link in my sig to find the details.

BTW -- really not trying to hurt your feelings or anything, but your site just simply doesn't have a whole lot of value to make money off of a sale of it.
  • wholesalechecklist
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • wholesalechecklist

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is what my auction page will look like. Comments?

http://www.hitsbam.com/ad.html
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site is not known for it's "great free articles" . You only have two posted at the site, and the only one of "semi-value" is the one you spammed at the links you refered to, of which only one am I familiar with.

What wool are you attempting to pull over who's eyes? Even the link to your potential ebay ad was at best novice. Dang dude, you didn't even include an HTML, Head , Title, or Body tag, and the code was almost like out of my HTML 3.2 memories.

Your site isn't popular. Your site isn't worth the electrons it's printed on, and I'm surprised I'm even commenting and not deleting this post for the simple spam that it is.

But don't worry. Another moderator will come along behind me and clean up the mess before I wake up tomorrow.
  • ace5p1d0r
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

*ace5p1d0r nodds his head in agreement*
AND it was a rip. I always think it is VITAL for people to make all their own stuff if you want to learn. It will take much longer to get your site up and running, but in the end you will be much more satisfied with the result.
  • wholesalechecklist
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • wholesalechecklist

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with all of you. It is a template based website, and that is why I am selling it - to make room for my hand written website that should be ready soon....

I didnt not include html body title tags in my ebay ad because you are not suppose to have them when writing ebay pages...

Ooh and how is this thread spam? I am asking a question about an ebay ad i wrote....

Thanks for your help... :roll:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts