web-hosting problem

• Rambosko
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Rambosko

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I am having trouble with my web-host, my websites are not showing up. not really had this problem with them before, but now it's happened twice in one week.

I have contacted their support, and they replied to it as soon as I was able to get to my inbox from their support page. They say that they are aware of the problem and are working on it.

I have been reading a lot of bad things about my host just recently, from people who have had similar problems to what I am experiencing this week, but for some time. Just thought I'd get some general advice on the matter.

Should I stay with the host. seeing that I've not experienced problems before. (or not realised it was happening)

Or could this just be the start of big problems? I can't have one of the sites down like this as it is quite an important time for the people I designed the website for. and as for my own site...http://www.lee-peter-pirie.com (which is back with me at present)

I really can't afford this one be down too much as it'll be what I'll be uploading my University work on in september.

any advice would be good. thanks

Lee

p.s (didn't know if it was right or not to post the host name on the forum so I've left it out for now)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• EngLee
  • Student
  • Student
  • EngLee

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you should change a web host if you find that the current one is not reliable. Ask the experienced ones for where to go..
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Rambosko,

Quote:
p.s (didn't know if it was right or not to post the host name on the forum so I've left it out for now)

There really isnt anything wrong with posting your hosts name - afterall, I think you were quite fair in saying that you havent had issues up until now - besides, once you post your url, finding your host isnt too difficult :)

http://dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?nam ... om+&type=A

If you are unsatisfied with your service, considering a new provider is always one of your options. However, if you feel this is an isolated incident and you feel they will improve, and you are satisifed with their responses and their efforts, it might not be worth making a change.
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree. If your host is responsive and and/or otherwise responsive give them a chance to work it out.

CartikaHosting wrote:
Hello Rambosko,

If you are unsatisfied with your service, considering a new provider is always one of your options. However, if you feel this is an isolated incident and you feel they will improve, and you are satisifed with their responses and their efforts, it might not be worth making a change.
  • Rambosko
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Rambosko

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys,

I have resolved my the problem with Ipower, as it was they said they were updating thier systems, this is why the disruptions occurred. There were severel problems logging onto my control panel, but after contacting thier support several times, which I found very quick and responsive, I was more or less sorted out.

Thanks for the replies.

Lee
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

Glad it worked out for you Lee.
  • yuriythebest
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Ukraine

Post 3+ Months Ago

Glad that it worked out, but that is not always so, especially with free hosting- had a loooooooooooooooooot of bad experience with that and am never going back
  • Skal Tura
  • Skal Tura
  • Loc: Finland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good that it sorted out.

There is many things that can cause a problem like that tho.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts