Web hosting software

• talasian
  • Born
  • Born
  • talasian
  • Loc: Anchorage, Alaska

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,
first off, i'm kind of new to this webmastering thing (i can't even write basic html yet) but i'm running (maintaining) some cobalt servers for the company i work for. We are looking at migrating off the cobalts to something linux based with a a nice gui for the customers. I've been looking at Ensim, Plesk, and Cpanel and am looking for input from those of you who have used these currently and in the past (or something else as nice and/or better). What do you like/dislike about them. We are a fairly small ISP in Anchorage, Alaska dealing with ~400 domains so it isn't like i(we) really need anything major. But we definitely need something more stable and with higher capabilities then the cobalts are currently giving us. Thank you in advance. Please reply to tfike@mtasolutions.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Lars
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Lars
  • Loc: Denmark

Post 3+ Months Ago

My host uses cPanel. And I really think it's easy to use. I'm sure many would agree on that.

- lars
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would stay clear of Ensim (I've never used plesk)...

I actually rent an Ensim/RH7.3 based dedicated server, and also some Cpanel/RH7.3 based servers.

We're about to shift the contents of the Ensim server over to one of the Cpanel boxes and ditch the Ensim box. It's just too unrealiable & buggy. The "control panel" it gives you is too restrictive without heavy modifications & complete theme overhaul, you can't do subdomanis, and there's a whole bunch of other problems.

If you want to give your clients complete control over their accounts, but at the same time make things as idiot-proof a possible, go with Cpanel.
  • David
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • David

Post 3+ Months Ago

cPanel, and WHM rocks...

I get FREE webhosting from a dad's friend.

I use cPanel.

Use cPanel its the best!
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

everything axe says is 100% true. I've used both ensim and
currently use cpanel. I canNOT believe it took me so long to use
cpanel, because it is so nice. I'll never use a different panel if I
can help it.

cPanel rocks :thumbsup:
  • talasian
  • Born
  • Born
  • talasian
  • Loc: Anchorage, Alaska

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you all for the info. Now for the next question. Do you know if Cpanel has support (of any sort; i don't care if i have to manually install it) for Cold Fusion? I haven't seen anything for it on their support forums and their billing dept said they don't officially support Cold Fusion so thought I would ask here.

Thanks again

t-

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts