web hosting

• Lamia_Poi
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

where would be the best place to buy webspace with 99.9% uptime garuntee(sp?) with 5gb+ webspace and unlimited bandwidth with 4 email accounts and pop3 account to catch all email. need 2 sub domains if possible but not important. pay yearly. needs to be able to have PHP & MySQL access.

anyone reccomend anywhere?
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

unlimited bandwidth only exists when you have unlimited money!
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

Uncensored-Hosting wrote:
unlimited bandwidth only exists when you have unlimited money!

untrue... lol just need a friend that is a hoster or have your own server
  • Netmaster
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Saint Joseph, MO

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah. try bluehost.com thats who im going through and so far so good. they are 10 dollars a month but have the yearly option you get 15 gigs space 400 gigs bandwidth im not sure how many sub domains and 6 add-ons and 20 parked, they also have fantistico. awesome host.
  • Lamia_Poi
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

ah, but with stramline i can have unlimited bandwidth :) however i'd have to use their survers for everything i cannot point the domains as i pointed out in a previous email
  • daredevil
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • daredevil

Post 3+ Months Ago

i simply would ask u to try this
http://www.linkdelivery.com/ and i am sure that it will help a lot .
  • Lamia_Poi
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

unfourtunately i cannot afford other people to do things for me i have to do it myself until i can get some more income
  • surgematrix
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah...there is no such thing as unlimited bandwith. Most host will advertise unlimited bandwith, but once you started going over their truely designated bandwith, they will find ways to terminate your account.
  • euk-roger
  • euk-roger

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes I think unlimited bandwidth is just marketing strategy, companies offering unlimited bandwidth do not last for a long time in the market.
  • brassinserts
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • brassinserts

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you know of any UK host with unlimited bandwdith and reseller hosting?
  • Mark McCready
  • Born
  • Born
  • Mark McCready

Post 3+ Months Ago

Unlimited bandwidth. I was stung on Ebay. Signed up for a £3 deal for a year (yea i know u r all laughing at me) and it lasted 2 weeks then they emailed me and told me i had breached their terms of service (which I had never seen) and cancelled the account.

I dont think that unlimited exists. I am looking for another host presently. Someone in another thread talked about http://www.bigwetfish.co.uk so I have asked this other person how they find it.

Good luck with your search - I do not want to be stung on ebay again and I just found this forum tonight. very good resource.
  • morrisklein
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • morrisklein
  • Loc: Europe

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use http://www.ipower-hosting.com

They have great customer support. Check them out. I have used loads of other guys, but these guys are the best. They are cheap too!
  • s0ulja
  • Born
  • Born
  • s0ulja

Post 3+ Months Ago

i use http://www.xstatichosting.com
they are offering unlimited space,bandwidth and more at the moment and they provide good service.
  • stalk
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

s0ulja wrote:
i use http://www.xstatichosting.com
they are offering unlimited space,bandwidth and more at the moment and they provide good service.

xstatic wrote:
We don't allow gamers, irc scripts, or any other resource draining processes that would cause excessive strain on the server

So basically, you get unlimited bandwidth until you put a strain on the server, then they kill your account. This looks like a classic case of overselling.
  • m1ck97
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • m1ck97
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lamia_Poi wrote:
ah, but with stramline i can have unlimited bandwidth :) however i'd have to use their survers for everything i cannot point the domains as i pointed out in a previous email

streamline is good, the only problem I have with them is that the admin panel is home made, and isnt very powerful.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts