web server problems I only get my router

• mtg131g
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mtg131g

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have set up my apache 2.0 server up by following this article that I found on the web and it is working to my knoeledge.

http://www.builderau.com.au/architect/sdi/0,39024602,20273988,00.htm

but when I goto my ip address all I get is my router setup. I am using a linkyssy wireless g router.

What am I doing wrong? I think it is my wireless router but dont know how to set it up to get it to work right.

Any ideas?

mtg
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you accessing it from within your LAN? Because your machines at home will have a LAN address (192.168.1.something), if you try to access your public internet IP address, yes, it'll connect to your router on port 80.

What you need to do is change the router's default port from 80 to something else (if possible), and then setup port forwarding on your router from port 80 to port 80 on 192.168.1.whatever the machine is running Apache.
  • mtg131g
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mtg131g

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks AXE

I never thought of that I have been working on this situation for a few days now and I am getting tired of it. I am almost done with it.

Now a stupid question how do I change the
Quote:
and then setup port forwarding on your router from port 80 to port 80 on 192.168.1.whatever the machine is running Apache.

how any instructions may help please.

It makes since I just dont know how to do that.

mtg
  • mtg131g
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mtg131g

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have looked up how to do port forwarding on port 80 and keep coming up with a newest firmware upday 4.0 and I am running on firmware 3.0 on a linksys wrt54g router. the tutorials are not fowllowing what my router is saying is there a way I can update my firmware?

does anybody know how to set a port forward on a linksys wrt54g router using firmware 3.0?
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

The manual that game with your router is where you'll find info on setting up port forwarding. It's probably under "Applications and Gaming" or something similar.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts