Webhost is down...

• Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, have you ever had a problem with your web host losing service, and since there a reseller, you losing your service? If so, what if anything did you do to get your site back up? http://www.point9studios.com is down, and my reseller http://www.cheat4.com is also down. I contacted the original hosting company and they said contact the reseller. Well i cant. So i asked them for the email the reseller gave them. They said its against there policy. So i asked them to contact the reseller. They say not there problem. All i really need to do is get in contact with them so i can get a refund for 9 months of hosting, and get my email from the accounts hosted by them forwarded to me... Any ideas?

p.s. please move this to hosting section if think it should go there :D
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

umm...have you tried this email or phone number or address?

adam howes (adzviper@hotmail.com)
+1.7919884138

63 Ockford Ridge
Godalming, SU Gu7 2ng
UK

Not encouraging:
domain = cheat
email= viper == snake

//edit -- what are you doing using an U.K. reseller when you live in the U.S. ? You're an OZZU member....I know you know you have better choices amongst your own family. *grabs "Texas Made" bullhide whip out of closet*
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting. Your reseller provider has a UK address but an Illinois phone number. This goes back to my sticky post in the hosting board. Please research your host providers!
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

You bough a hosting plan from a service so this service is fully responsible for you and related problems. Also if the main provider forwarded you to the reseller then assuming the problem is not server-wide and probably a misconfiguration or something like a SUSPENT issue at reseller ends.
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

Perhaps you should inquire of the parent host as to whether or not you can switch to them? If so would your site/data be recoverable. Granted this may not help you get your money back from the reseller but it might allow you to recover your data ....
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW is absolutely correct - you really need to be careful when making a provider decision.

May I ask if their upstream provider is down?

If they are not, it is more then likely that your reseller has simply disappeared.

Contact the upstream provider and request they allow you an access window to remove your data. The begin looking for someone a little more established and reliable.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts