Website Creation Software

• Casey
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Iowa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a cheap for free WYSIWYG php/java/javascript website creation script? I'd prefer GNU open source if possible so I can modify it.

I'm basically just looking for something easy to use for novices to make a simple website.

Just thought I'd ask you all for advice.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im not sure about open source - but - one often included with web hosting packages is sitestudio - very basic, template driven generating full html pages (which of course can then be further customized)
  • dannybedor
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • dannybedor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Casey wrote:
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a cheap for free WYSIWYG php/java/javascript website creation script? I'd prefer GNU open source if possible so I can modify it.

I'm basically just looking for something easy to use for novices to make a simple website.

Just thought I'd ask you all for advice.

Maybe you should consider using CMS (Content Management System).
For novice I recommend etomite (etomite.org), but the choise is depend on what website will you create.

You can also take a look at the review and try some of well known CMS in opensourcecms.com.
  • Casey
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Etomite is really cool software, thanks!
  • gr8support
  • gr8support

Post 3+ Months Ago

Needing a sitebuilder now a days you get various tools for editing your site for free. There are many of those. I would recommend you to use Mambo CMS. It's a great and useful tool for creating your site with effective templates and a extraordinary look to your website. You should be impressed when you try using Mambo CMS. It's so good that you should try it once and the go for any other sitebuilders.
  • Brandon Bevis
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Brandon Bevis
  • Loc: Springfield, Missouri

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.sonnarwebdesign.com has most everything you could want in a CMS with built in ecommerce, marketing, email marketing, flash headers, intros, and more. You ought to check them out.
  • pedrotuga
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

google for CMS or take some time browsing ozzu ;)

mambo CMS
php-Nuke
Xoops
Drupal
Joomla
etomite
  • Casey
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have searched Google and I've found many great CMS programs, but I'm not really looking for a CMS. I'm looking for software similar to the sitestudio software mentioned by Cartika. IMHO, CMS software is often too hard for beginners to use...

Thanks all for your advice.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts