Website transfer; Need HELP!

• lutmky
  • Born
  • Born
  • lutmky

Post 3+ Months Ago

My hosting account will be terminated very very soon. So, I found a cheap web hosting. The problem is, my old site is pretty huge, over 6GB. Plus, the new web hosting company do not include websile transfer. So, I must do it myself. My Internet connection is too slow as I depend on 3G connection (via my laptop). I don't know what to do. Please someone give me ideas.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• kenetix
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kenetix
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does your webhost use CPanel? Cpanel should have a backup feature that allows you to backup your entire site and database as a zip/gz file and allow you to redeploy it on your new host (assuming they use cpanel as well)

Even if you dont use cpanel im sure the web control panel your host uses should have a similar feature. Otherwise, you'll just have to transfer them manually lol. Or get them to transfer it for you.
  • cpsitesaver.com
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok that's a dilemna indeed. Maybe you can find a host that can help you transfer if that is your case. Normally this is an added service to new clients. I know there are lot of hosting companies that do offer this.

Also, kenetix is right that if you use CPanel, it will be easy to transfer sites. Is that 6GB compressed already? What makes that site so big?

Continue to find one that can do this for you if you still have time.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts