What are those frequent 1-3 minute outages/downtimes?

• neonrider
  • neonrider

Post 3+ Months Ago

For the last several years I have been experiencing those frequent 1-3 minute (undetectable by software nor by watchdogs; only detectable by physical browsing, constant usage of your sites; constant reloading of pages, constant checking of your mail for extended periods of time, or sometimes - accidentally) downtimes on all my sites including my mail (failed to connect). I usually detect those 103 min. outage accidentally or by constantly using my site(s) for a few minutes or longer at a time. I made "tracert domain.com" and the result seemed to be ok. So as I understand there is a connection during the 1-3 minute outage, but all sites and mail during that outage is inaccessible and returns unavailable error or nothing. I noticed it happens many times per day, every day, or almost every day. The uptime watchdog that watches all my sites for periods of every 15 minutes does not notice or "catch" these 1-3 minute downtimes. I'm afraid that even 1-3 minute downtime for say 24 times a day is insignificant, but it can still make a lot of damage to a business. I don't think it is an issue with the host. Any of you experience this FSD (frequent short downtime) or FBO (frequent brief outages)? If not, try spend 1 to 24 hours constantly browsing and reloading your sites and see if you "catch" some "couple minute downtime" or sometims it can be as little as 10-30 seconds downtime. It shouldn't remain a mystery. Let's find out what those FSD are.
  • rllunzmann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rllunzmann
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would imagine this problem occurring more on a shared server vs a dedicated server. Lots of connections, requests, 'GET' commands, and everything else!

It will occur, but it should not be as frequent as you mention.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts