What hosting should I choose to start with?

• stamixstam
  • Born
  • Born
  • stamixstam

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can anyine give some advice?
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

It depends on what you look for in a host. Is it a big website you are starting up? or are you just doing something basic. Will it have databases or is it just going to be a standard page with no membership login sections etc etc.

Do you think you'll receive large volumes of traffic to the site? if you do then perhaps looking for a host with a high bandwidth allowance. If it is your first website and you are not sure on what the relevance of the previous questions are and just want to get started then i'd recommend a standard basic package.

If you PM Bigwebmaster i am sure he'll be able to provide you information on some of the hosting packages that Ozzu provides.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ozzu does provide a wonderful service as Ozzu server is on a epic fast line.

But from personal experience when i first started i found a hosting service called hobohost and they have small packages for $1/month. Which is where i started so even if it is just playing around learning it is not that much. But i was using this for very small sites and developing sites years ago. But once you get something going your going to need to move to something that can handle larger amounts of traffic.

Depending how big your budget and skills are there is a few things to do but if you feel like your going to need more power and space then just go direct to ozzu.
  • Gooseman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Gooseman

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd recommend Hostgator. I get my hosting from them and I never had any problems.
  • sergeyL
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • sergeyL

Post 3+ Months Ago

i was starting with erahost and i am still using it and i am satisfied with their work and the system in the whole.
  • pawpoint
  • Loc: uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

I started with Ipage. After a few teething troubles, I find them cheap and reliable - especially now they have an html editor

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts