What is Lite Speed server?

• boilingpoint
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Until recently to my shame, I new about only two server types: Apache and Zeus. When I was looking for information about eCommerce I realized that simplehelix.com is based on a third type - something called Litespeed.

This server software is claimed to be faster than Apache due to some special technology... but paradox is I haven't seen it anywhere else... Is that true? Why then it is not so popular?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• funnyface
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • funnyface
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is only a supposition, but still I think it has certain part of truth. As I know simplehelix.com is the company whose major direction is eCommerce. I think this server - LiteSpeed - is very good solution for hosting the eCommerce websites, as it speeds the deals up, and make the work with the site more pleasant due to the high info processing speed...
  • joice
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • joice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've got some info here:

LiteSpeed 3.0
LiteSpeed Web Server is a high-performance, secure, easy-to-use, and Apache interchangeable Web server. It supports HTTP/1.1, SSL, CGI, FastCGI, LSAPI, PHP, JSP, Servlets, GZIP compression, chroot, IP level throttling, connection accounting, DoS attack prevention, and instant recovery mechanisms. With its Apache compatible rewrite engine, .htaccess, and MS FrontPage support, migration is quick and easy. A Web interface is included for administration and configuration. It can be used as a content accelerator, compression proxy, or a security guard running in front of any Web and application server.License: FreewareChanges:
The Web admin console has been completely revamped, with a streamlined layout and improved configuration parsing and processing to handle 1000+ virtual hosts. Apache mod_security compatible request filtering has been added. Third party Web hosting control panels, like cPanel, DirectAdmin, and Plesk, are fully supported. Sendfile() support is enabled for the standard edition. This release has IP to GeoLocation database support and customizable access log format. 64bit binaries have been added for the Enterprise version. The external application process manager has been improved

So I believe simplehelix.com should be very fast host...
  • Underneath
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

It would be reasonable to ask simplehelix.com what version is installed on theri equipment. I guess if they support cPanel they are just priceless!
  • joice
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • joice

Post 3+ Months Ago

simplehelix.com only offers DirectAdmin on their plans, however I am not sure that they have very old version of litespeed,.. Anyway, I suppose this is good for eCommerce sites, as this company is known for this type of hosting, especially among those who use magento.
  • Robin007
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have heard that simplehelix.com is one of the fastest web hosting providers in the USA. Litespeed server will give opportunity to upload files of your web sites much more faster. They provide reliable and low-cost services for everybody.
  • Samuraii
  • Student
  • Student
  • Samuraii

Post 3+ Months Ago

I jump at the opportunity and would like to say that simplehelix.com provides unmatched speed and performance for Magento which is the most preferable e-commerce application. As for Litespeed server, it is much more faster than Apache and Zeus. Just try it and you'll see.
  • Pof
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Pof

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd like to say that simplehelix.com is well-known company for providing really fast speed due to its litespeed server. People express many positive fedbacks about this company, so you will be not frustrated using its services.
  • asson
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • asson

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hm... It seems to me that simplehelix.com is reputable company which provides unmatched speed. I have heard that it is mainly specializes in e-commerce web hosting. And what can be said about support team? Are they really helpful?
  • rantized
  • rantized

Post 3+ Months Ago

LiteSpeed is a web server and with benchmark tests, it's definitely faster than Apache!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts