What makes Godaddy call you on the phone ?

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've got a few domains registered with Godaddy, all of which have come up for renewal at least once now. Only one, have they ever called me on the phone about it coming up for expiration for though. None of my domains are setup for auto-renewal.

This call came a few days ago and it was made exactly a month before the domain is set to expire. I just had a couple of other domains come up for renewal exactly a month prior and neither of them resulted in calls from Godaddy.

Is this something new Godaddy is doing ?
Does it only happen with specific TLDs ?
Is it something I inadvertently signed up for ?

BTW, it's an automated call. I ended up just hanging up on it.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mistercrooks
  • mistercrooks

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've never received a call from GoDaddy, or any other domain name brokers. Is this a new thing?
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got a call from them ones, I forget what for. But they left a message telling me call them to make sure everything was something or something. I forget exactly but they did call...
  • Blackwood
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Blackwood

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you have numerous domains that could turn out to be a real pain. I'm sure the domainers would have something to say about it. Along the lines of, c'mon guys get with the program this is the 21st century have you never heard of email?
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've received a number of calls from GD since I've been with them. Every time, it was an actual rep on the other end of the phone, not an automated system. Most of the calls were nothing more than "thanks for your business, let us know if there's anything we can do for you" calls that lasted for less than 30 seconds. No sales pitches or anything.

Recently I received a call from them because I had something like 12 domains coming up for renewal over the next month. They explained that I could save a decent amount of money by renewing them all at once in bulk rather than individually, and since I did intend to renew them, I went ahead and did it. So that worked out well for me.

During the same call, I had some questions about my account; they promptly answered all of them and even fixed an issue I had been having for some time but forgot to fix.

Overall, I'd say I'm pretty happy with their customer service. I don't mind the calls at all.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

All .coms spork, or do you have other TLDs too ?
It seems to me like they only call for .com domains to me.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Others as well. I have quite a few .nets and .orgs. The call I received about renewing the domains in batch renewal included all three.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts