What do people think of shieldhost.com

• lifeanatomy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lifeanatomy
  • Loc: England!

Post 3+ Months Ago

im after a decent host preferably very cheap about £10-£20 a year with php and cgi compatable. and enough bandwidth to support a large site and forums. I also need a domain registration, probably co.uk.

I did find shieldhost.com, someone mentioned it on these forums, what do others think of it
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi lifeanatomy,

Anytime you're in that price range, you're taking a bit of a risk. However, their pricing:resource model isnt completely out of line - so, my initial thoughts would be - worth the risk for the amount it will cost. However, I dont really have any personal experience with them
  • lifeanatomy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lifeanatomy

Post 3+ Months Ago

CartikaHosting wrote:
Hi lifeanatomy,

Anytime you're in that price range, you're taking a bit of a risk. However, their pricing:resource model isnt completely out of line - so, my initial thoughts would be - worth the risk for the amount it will cost. However, I dont really have any personal experience with them

so you saying their not completely trustworthy but for that price who cares

can you recomend any other decent hosts within my price range and also a domain registration service
  • _4_
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: @ my crater

Post 3+ Months Ago

try registering using ur domain with GoDaddy and i think the host should be UNFLUX.

*4*
  • lifeanatomy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lifeanatomy

Post 3+ Months Ago

_4_ wrote:
try registering using ur domain with GoDaddy and i think the host should be UNFLUX.

*4*

unflux is almost double what im prepared to pay
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:

Well - you do get what you pay for. It all depends on what your website is worth to you.
  • lifeanatomy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lifeanatomy

Post 3+ Months Ago

CartikaHosting wrote:
Quote:

Well - you do get what you pay for. It all depends on what your website is worth to you.

at the moment not much but if it works then ill upgrade.

any good tips on making money from a plain site. i though of google ad's but im told they don't make much cash
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like you are looking to host a forum. A forum has all sorts of advertising revenue potential - at least to help fund your hosting bill. Problem is, you will really need some traffic before you could generate the advertising $'s. One thing you may try is to find a host that will sponsor your forum (meaning give you a discounted hosting rate in exchange for ads. etc..)

Hope this helps...
  • lifeanatomy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lifeanatomy

Post 3+ Months Ago

CartikaHosting wrote:
Looks like you are looking to host a forum. A forum has all sorts of advertising revenue potential - at least to help fund your hosting bill. Problem is, you will really need some traffic before you could generate the advertising $'s. One thing you may try is to find a host that will sponsor your forum (meaning give you a discounted hosting rate in exchange for ads. etc..)

Hope this helps...

i take it you couldn't direct me towards any

bod i love this forum, its been so useful to me
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually - go over to hosthideout.com in the request forum and post a request for sponsored hosting in return for advertising. You will probably get some offers -
  • lifeanatomy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lifeanatomy

Post 3+ Months Ago

CartikaHosting wrote:
Actually - go over to hosthideout.com in the request forum and post a request for sponsored hosting in return for advertising. You will probably get some offers -

thanks, am i supposed to say you referred me? if so what would your username be?
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting

Post 3+ Months Ago

no no - please do not do that - it was just a recommendation - I visit there a little over the years - and I know they accept these sorts of requests - that is all :)
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also - someone from this forum may also make you this sort of offer. We do not really do things like this, but, Im sure if someone is interested, they will PM you.
  • lifeanatomy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lifeanatomy

Post 3+ Months Ago

CartikaHosting wrote:
no no - please do not do that - it was just a recommendation - I visit there a little over the years - and I know they accept these sorts of requests - that is all :)

when signing up it asks if a member reffered you so all i have to do is type in your username
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting

Post 3+ Months Ago

Honestly - dont worry about that - though, I do appreciate the thought :)
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

It all really depends on how much bandwidth and space the website takes up at the end of the day.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts