what should I say?

• rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a client who is dealing with a clueless host. Basically what is going on is that they have PHP version 4.1.2 on the server, which is more than two years old.

I can build my site to not require any of the extra features or any of the bug fixes required by the more up tp date versions of PHP, but that's not really the point.

Older versions of PHP are less secure and less stable.

The host replied that they were planning some changes later in the year, but gave no details as to what exactly.

What should I say to them to make them upgrade?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• jnacool
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would move hosts mate! Sounds to me like the company are old, unreliable and don't seem to care much about the site or their customers. Personally i think that, thats not on at all, out of interest how much do you pay this company annually?
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have no idea how much its costing, its a client's site. She emailed me an hour or two ago asking about another host and I had a look. They looked ok but I still wasn't sure about whether or not the PHP version was up to date (all their site said was PHP 4.x), so I emailed her asking her to email them, and I'm still waiting for a reply.

If she doesn't get one, or its not at least 4.3, I think I'll give her some space on my reseller account (for free), at least temporarily.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts