What is the best and reliable hosting for $5-10/month?

• DomainMagnate
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • DomainMagnate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm going to build a site for selling some educational stuff directly from the author, and I'm looking for a reliable hosting and not too expensive.
Basic features, like php, cgi support, also need some plugins, like forum, guestbook, high bandwith (over 10G), over 1G for hosting.
Do you think I can find one for less than $10/month?

thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Heres a useful topic just incase you haven't read it yet: http://www.ozzu.com/moderators-only/read-this-first-before-asking-for-hosting-recommendations-t34784.html

If you think about it 1GB space is alot for a website. A page takes no more than 2-5KB. Have you thought of any companies to host with?
  • DomainMagnate
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • DomainMagnate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I'll need space for some files, the site will be devoted to selling some products, ebooks mostly. I think 500MB will be enough too.
I've currently hosted my other site (the one in the sig) at ehostpros.com and I had a very bad hosting experience with frandt, that's it so far.

thanks for the link, very useful thread :)
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

Web Hosting Directory
http://www.webhostdir.com

I find this a good place to send people.

500MB is more than enough. Also related to your topic title:

BEST AND RELIABLE HOSTING?
This question is always asked and very hard to answer. It depends on your requirements. Are you looking for the companie who provides more, or the company who is good with support?

The best thing to do is to do alot of research. There are too many hosting companies now, and really it will take some time to do a search for the perfect host for you.
  • DomainMagnate
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • DomainMagnate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've noticed that your company offers only up to 150MB, that's less than enough for professional.
When speaking about RELIABLE company I mean the one which will sure be online for the following few years.
Thanks for advice, I think I'll chose one of these: routhost.com, ace-host.net, myvaluehost.com, superbhosting.ne
What do you think of it?
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I've noticed that your company offers only up to 150MB, that's less than enough for professional.

The 'under construction' page only shows some of the packages. The website that is due to be up soon shows packages tha has larger space than that.

I see it as 150MB space is alot of space no matter what. If each page was 5kb then you could have: 30,000 pages. Correct me if i am wrong. Packages are soon to be upgraded once the whole system is up and running anyway.

Quote:
When speaking about RELIABLE company I mean the one which will sure be online for the following few years.

This is what you should be looking for. But also remember, even if it's a fairly new company doesnt mean that it isnt reliable.

Quote:
Thanks for advice, I think I'll chose one of these: routhost.com, ace-host.net, myvaluehost.com, superbhosting.ne
What do you think of it?

I haven't actually read much about them yet, have you considered hostgator.com? Theres an advertisement on this forum about it.
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

Searching forums like webhostingtalk.com hostdetective, sitepoint, etc for feedback is prudent. Just remember that not everyone is objective when giving their feedback and people often leave negative feedback before positive. Thus a company that has little or no feedback (no news is good news) should not be overlooked especially if they are active in the forum(s) you are searching.
  • hasnatme
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Post 3+ Months Ago

try http://www.websitesource.com or http://www.lunarpages.com
  • TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just search around directories, Google, etc. for webhosts that meet your criteria then look for user review on webhostingtalk.com and other websites.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts