what would you recommend

• Rambosko
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Rambosko

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am currently anticipating that I shall be setting up two local websites in the near future.

Due to this being the first time that I create a website for other than myself, studies or family I am wondering what the best way to go about hosting the sites would be.

I believe that some web-hosts allow you to allocate numerous domain names. therefor the sites would appear as their own.

the other option I could maybe go along would be to get them to sign up with the web-host and then allow me to have access to create the website.

opinions on my best route forward would be appreciated.

cheers
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

It depends on your clients. Will you be initially creating the site and handing it over to them, so that they can continue to maintain it themselves? Or will you be creating the sites as well as maintaining them?

If the former, you might want to look into a reseller package at a web host. They would then, in essence, be signing up with you, and in fact you could probably make back (a percentage of) what you pay monthly for hosting. They would then have their own web site, their own control panel, etc.

If the latter, a simple shared hosting package that permits multiple web sites/domains would be fine, I think.
  • Rambosko
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Rambosko

Post 3+ Months Ago

The two websites that I have in mind at the minute, I will be required to maintain.

I will have to have a look into the resellers, they do seem like a good idea, if the client later decideds that they don't want me to maintain their site, then this would mean that their control panel and domain name is allready there ready to hand over ... great stuff :)

Cheers for that
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

Reseller plans are definately the better and more professionsal way to go. The other option (addon domains) comes with some logistical limitations and greater opportunities for problems.

Rambosko wrote:
The two websites that I have in mind at the minute, I will be required to maintain.

I will have to have a look into the resellers, they do seem like a good idea, if the client later decideds that they don't want me to maintain their site, then this would mean that their control panel and domain name is allready there ready to hand over ... great stuff :)

Cheers for that
  • Rambosko
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Rambosko

Post 3+ Months Ago

cheers for the replys :)
  • JodoHost
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please review at WHT for better host for your Reseller Package.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts