What do you think of my prices at cankoo.com?

• ME4P
  • ME4P
  • Loc: Northern Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Guys.

I was just starting up my reseller web hosting business, and I'm not exactly sure if my prices are right. I would like an opinion or two on them, if you wouldn't mind.

The URL is http://www.cankoo.com
Sorry about the messyness, but I'm not finished yet and that is not the final layout of the site.

Thanks for your opinions!
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello ME4P. I don't think this type of post is allowed but lets see now...

Quote:
STARTER: 400MB Space, 30GB Bandwidth, Unlimited MYSQL - $2.00
PRO: 2000 MB Space, 45GB Bandwidth, Unlimited MYSQL - $5.00
ADVANCED: 6000 MB Space, 500GB Bandwidth, Unlimited MYSQL - $10.00

First of all, do you see yourself prepared for the web hosting industry? Are you well funded and do you have the time? Having a business requires alot of responsibility.

For your packages, do even have 6GB space and 500GB bandwidth? And can you honestly afford to give this for $10.00?

The term 'unlimited' is misleading for customers. Do you honestly have unlimited mysql databases? You wouldnt mind me setting up 1,000,000 forums powered by mysql databases?

Think carefully before you jump into things. But end of the day it's all your decisions and your responsibility.
  • ME4P
  • ME4P

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am indeed well funded and I have as much time as I need.

I understand the unlimited MySQL databases thing, and I was worried about this. I thought it might put some people off. I'm thinking about changing it to 10, 100, and 500.

My reseller provider provides unlimited MYSQL databases and I know sites that do such things can be untrustworthy but I noticed that they had been in business since 1998, which made me feel better about them.

I'm sorry if this typ of post isn't aloud. I did look over the rules but I don't usually use forums as big as this that have to be strict about the rules. Again, I'm sorry.

edit: I forgot to say that these were only suggestions for the packages, they were in no way final.
Also about your question about having 1,000,000 forums hosted, I thought the bandwith would prevent people from doing such a thing, but maybe I was wrong.
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I'm sorry if this typ of post isn't aloud. I don't usually use forums as big as this that have to be strict about the rules. Again, I'm sorry.

I never said that it was, i said it might be. So nothing to be sorry about. :D

Quote:
I understand the unlimited MySQL databases thing, and I was worried about this. I thought it might put some people off. I'm thinking about changing it to 10, 100, and 500.

My reseller provider provides unlimited MYSQL databases and I know sites that do such things can be untrustworthy but I noticed that they had been in business since 1998, which made me feel better about them.

This is as i said in the previous post, your responsibility and your decision. Usually businesses who have been up since 1998 are well funded. They can usually afford to provide something like this. But you say you are well funded.

I'm sure/hope you will do well in the future. Good luck.
  • ME4P
  • ME4P

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks a lot. Things like this really help me to improve.
I'm positive the hardest thing is going to be getting customers, but I have a few ideas. Of coarse I will be using google ads to get customers but I am going to ask owners of shops if I can put signs up etc.

Thanks again.
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

The more customers you have the more responsibility you will hold. This means you will need to be there as soon as there is a problem. Which then leads to support.
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

I suggest you read http://www.ozzu.com/hosting-forum/webhost-appraisal-t49875.html as it will apply to you.
  • ME4P
  • ME4P

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nem wrote:
The more customers you have the more responsibility you will hold. This means you will need to be there as soon as there is a problem. Which then leads to support.

I have had some offers for help with support, but I will have to work out how much I have to pay them etc.

Also thanks for the link I'll have a look.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts