which host to use?

• the_Maven
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • the_Maven

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey
I am thinking of upgrading my web site and I am kind of overwhelmed with how many different hosts there are. i am overwhelmed with the issue of deciding which one to go with.

are there any recommendations from the council? i don't have that much extra cash to dish out, so a reasonable price is good.

As for features, I would like to have at least a feedback form. Any suggestions on who I should go with, as well as who I should stay away from would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Snerdey
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, if you looking just to host a site the cost should be balanced to the purpose of the site.

If it's personal and not adult in nature. Then a shared sever might be the way to go and they run about 49 a year. There are some very good ones out there. Look for the one that has 24 hour support and 30 day promise or money back.

I use a shared server for our web-site. They are also our partners and have been for some time now. You can find them on our site it's the EagerHost banner at the top of our sweet flash intro!

You can upgrade or downgrade as needed.

Just my 2 cent's of promoting what we consider the best hosting company and it's on servers located with in the Savvis Network.

Chow!
  • the_Maven
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • the_Maven

Post 3+ Months Ago

its like a news blogger site, and i give my opinion on each story that i post.
Well, if you looking just to host a site the cost should be balanced to the purpose of the site.

thanks. whats the url for your hosting company? i would like to look at it,

If it's personal and not adult in nature. Then a shared sever might be the way to go and they run about 49 a year. There are some very good ones out there. Look for the one that has 24 hour support and 30 day promise or money back.
I use a shared server for our web-site. They are also our partners and have been for some time now. You can find them on our site it's the EagerHost banner at the top of our sweet flash intro!
You can upgrade or downgrade as needed. Just my 2 cent's of promoting what we consider the best hosting company and it's on servers located with in the Savvis Network.

Chow!
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

This question has now been asked many times and for the most part, it only gives people a chance to spam their hosting services.

Read this post:
http://www.ozzu.com/moderators-only/read-this-first-before-asking-for-hosting-recommendations-t34784.html

and have another good look through the forum and you will no doubt find some good recommendations, there is also a sponsored topic at the top of the forum too.

Cheers,
Rose

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts