Wiki/USA Host Needed.

• Bassman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, Im looking for a USA based hosting for my new Wiki site, someone here recommend something?

I found 34sp.com, very nice hosting, but is UK based datacenter, so im worried about SEO things. :roll:

Thank you
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bassman

Post 3+ Months Ago

What I need:

1. An Apache web server, available at the official download page.
* MediaWiki also apparently runs under IIS 6.0, Cherokee and lighttpd.
* Sun has some installation instructions for running Mediawiki on the Sun Java System Web Server 7.0.

2. A recent version of PHP, the programming language in which MediaWiki is written. This is available from the official download page. As of version 1.7 PHP 5.x is required -- PHP 4.x is not supported from this version onwards.
* See PHP config for compiling options
* Some Linux servers may also require the equivalent MySQL package and PHP session management package; see the documentation for the operating system.
* If your Apache server has the Hardened PHP patch, you may need to edit several variables in your /etc/php.ini file if you wish to have Wiki pages with large amounts of content. In particular, consider the settings for varfilter.max_value_length, hphp.post.max_value_length, and hphp.request.max_value_length. The default settings may limit your pages to less than 10k or 64k in size.
* Many people report blank pages in recent versions after submitting articles to wiki. Most problable cause is the memory limit in default php installations (mostly 8M). Please check your php and/or apache error logs. Solution: Edit /etc/php.ini and change the "memory_limit" to f.e. 20M (memory_limit = 20M). Restart your apache after you have changed this value!

3. A MySQL database server, which will be used to store all the text and data. This is available from the official download page.
* As of version 1.8, Postgres is also supported. It should be noted that support for Postgres is very new and not as well tested as MySQL equivalent.

4. MediaWiki itself, which is available from the official download page. Development versions are available from the Sourceforge.net project page.
  • boilingpoint
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't worry about Seo things, just put links from USA-based related sites, it'll help you to overcome the difference in Cerp positions from datacenters. But there's anothe5r thing, generally accepted, British hosting is more expensive, doesn't it matter for you?
  • charlesgan
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bassman wrote:
Hi, Im looking for a USA based hosting for my new Wiki site, someone here recommend something?

I found 34sp.com, very nice hosting, but is UK based datacenter, so im worried about SEO things. :roll:

Thank you

hi, i quit familiar with few hosting at US side. few that i could recommend to you. since u need host a wiki site, so i expect the traffic and database requirement will be higher than usual. should start with 50GB of space and 500GB bandwidth etc.

so here i recommend: lypha hosting, hostgator, startlogic, lunarpages(more space lately), hostaga as well. try look for more options and make comparison before buying. good luck
  • Hostem.us
  • Born
  • Born
  • Hostem.us
  • Loc: Hostem.us

Post 3+ Months Ago

Check out this website: Hostem.us

at 4.99$/m
15000 MB Data Storage
300 GB Data Transfer
3 Domains Hosted
SiteStudio - website builder
34 FREE pre-configured scripts
Anti-Virus & Spam protection
» Free Domain Name
» PHP, Perl, MySQL
» 20 FTP Accounts
» Multi-Language CP
» 30 Days Money Back

At 9.99$/m

25000 MB Data Storage
400 GB Data Transfer
30 Domains Hosted
» Free Domain Name
» PHP, Perl, MySQL
» 50 FTP Accounts
» Multi-Language CP
» 30 Days Money Back

At 14.99/m

40000 MB Data Storage
500 GB Data Transfer
Unlimited Domains
» Free Domain Name
» PHP, Perl, MySQL
» Unlimited FTPs
» Multi-Language CP
» 30 Days Money Back

FREE BONUSES:

SITESTUDIO
SiteStudio is a FREE web design tool suitable for all kinds of users. You do not have to be an expert in graphic design, HTML code or web programming. By using some of the more than 70 templates offered by SiteStudio, you can create your own unique, professional-looking website in 10 to 15 minutes...

ELEFANTE FREE SCRIPTS INSTALLER
The Elefante Installer includes 34 pre-configured FREE scripts grouped in 16 categories, among them Ad Management, Blog, Discussion Boards, E-Commerce, Image Galleries, Portal Systems and others.

FREE DOMAIN NAME (WITH ANY HOSTING PLAN)
Free domain name registration or free domain transfer for all our clients who purchase Business, Corporate or Enterprise plan.

We offer all our clients fast quality support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
  • Tonzilit
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

You may use ahosting.biz. Their datacenters are in Charlotte and Orlando. It's a trustworthy web hosting company with reasonable prices.
  • photongroups
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • photongroups

Post 3+ Months Ago

we have server in USA Texas 24 servers with 100 Crore GB Facility.

Severs are power with 3 different power station.UPS,Generator also 100 Mbps net connection.Vert low rate please send ur requirements to us with price quote.

contact us at photongroups@yahoo.com
  • VIVIDHOS
  • VIVIDHOS

Post 3+ Months Ago

We are able to handle your site, please visit us at http://www.vividhosting.com
  • photongroups
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • photongroups

Post 3+ Months Ago

we have server in USA Texas 24 servers with 100 Crore GB Facility.

Severs are power with 3 different power station.UPS,Generator also 100 Mbps net connection.Vert low rate please send ur requirements to us with price quote.

contact us at photongroups@yahoo.com
  • desbest
  • desbest

Post 3+ Months Ago

Affordable hosting from $2 a month from the experts thanks to a merger. Fast support response times. Dan and I are logged onto support/live chat/forums at least 3-4 times a day. (Dan is sometimes on even longer than that). So dont settle for less because we aim to give you more.

http://www.hostsgeneric.co.uk

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts