would any hosts be intersted?

• thecodman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: CT, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I'm considering creating a site that would offer free remotely hosted chat support for websites (primarily webhosts). Basically you signup at the site and are provided a free account where all you have to do is paste some code on your site to offer live chat support. You can login to your account at this site and through the admin end configure multiple support agents and provide support to the customers/potential customers whom click on your button on your site. I already have the script for this. Do you think there would be hosts or other sites interested in this?

All input is greatly appreciated...

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi thecodman,

I think this would be of great value for new hosts who dont want to shell out for this sort of thing...

Established hosts would probably try it as well if it offered any unique features. But, and sorry, Ive got to ask - why give it away for free? Are there any ads or anything? whats the catch? :D
  • jmweb
  • Student
  • Student
  • jmweb
  • Loc: 127.0.0.1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Newer hosts and/or resellers might certainly love the idea, if you can sell it to them. However more established hosts, I don't think it'll do them any good as they typically have multiple servers and don't really need to worry about going elsewhere for a offsite backup.
  • thecodman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: CT, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

CartikaHosting wrote:
Established hosts would probably try it as well if it offered any unique features.

Any suggestions as what unique features would attract established hosts?

CartikaHosting wrote:
But, and sorry, Ive got to ask - why give it away for free? Are there any ads or anything? whats the catch? :D

I would sell ad space on the main webpage itself and eventually hope to offer outsourced technical and/or sales support to the site members via the live chat client.
  • jmweb
  • Student
  • Student
  • jmweb
  • Loc: 127.0.0.1

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd hold off on putting up them advertisements.
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I would sell ad space on the main webpage itself

Quote:
I'd hold off on putting up them advertisements.

I dont think there is any problem at all with ad space as long as you arent selling competitive types of ads (so, dont sell ad space to hosting companies, if you are providing a service to hosting companies) - try to focus on complimentary industries - like flash demos, etc...

Quote:
and eventually hope to offer outsourced technical and/or sales support to the site members via the live chat client.

Id say this portion is really the key and would hold alot of value. Many companies have documented issues with live chat support. Personally, we are almost ready to drop live chat altogether, as it is just becoming overwhelming and I am petrified of outsourcing this to any of the existing companies.

There is certainly a market for a very high end outsourced live chat provider.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts