JOB OFFER: Logo & Forum Header For My Site

• northjersey78
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looking for a clean, simple logo for my site: http://www.nysportsboard.com.

Need an overall header for my site, was thinking logo on the left, links on the right (instead of everything centered like it is now). Logos of NY area sports teams below the logo and/ or links.

Something that could incorporate a NY logo/ theme, and possibly NY area sports team logos.

Some color would be nice, but don't want it too look cartoony or over the top.
  • Burnt_Raven
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Burnt_Raven
  • Loc: South East England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Would this be the kind of thing you are looking for:

*removed*
  • northjersey78
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Umm, well no - I need something more sophisticated than that.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

If this is a paid job, please state so.

Those looking to apply, please contact northjersey78 via PM.

Also bear in mind Copyright/Trademark ownerships regarding logos!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If I considered myself a graphics designer of some quality, I'd consider taking a stab at this for you. I can do graphics, but it's not my forte. Instead I'll give you some info that will hopefully help things along. First thing and most important while you are waiting for serious inquiries is to check with NFL.com and the appropriate NY teams to get permissions or what-not to be able to use their team logos on your forum. It's the only way you could legitimately use them in your header. That way once you do find a taker on your header you'll have the appropriate images available for them to work with.

Non related to your job offer, you really should upgrade your board version. You are showing 2.0.11 as your current version and phpBB is up to 2.0.17 and includes several critical security updates.

If for some reason you don't find somebody through this post and get in a pinch, give me a shout and I'll take a stab at it. You know where to find me.
  • northjersey78
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
If this is a paid job, please state so.

Those looking to apply, please contact northjersey78 via PM.

Also bear in mind Copyright/Trademark ownerships regarding logos!

Sorry, I thought that was implied in the ad - yes, this is a paid job.
  • northjersey78
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
If I considered myself a graphics designer of some quality, I'd consider taking a stab at this for you. I can do graphics, but it's not my forte. Instead I'll give you some info that will hopefully help things along. First thing and most important while you are waiting for serious inquiries is to check with NFL.com and the appropriate NY teams to get permissions or what-not to be able to use their team logos on your forum. It's the only way you could legitimately use them in your header. That way once you do find a taker on your header you'll have the appropriate images available for them to work with.

Non related to your job offer, you really should upgrade your board version. You are showing 2.0.11 as your current version and phpBB is up to 2.0.17 and includes several critical security updates.

If for some reason you don't find somebody through this post and get in a pinch, give me a shout and I'll take a stab at it. You know where to find me.

The sports logos aren't necessailry something I wanted to incorporate into the logo, but thought it might be worth getting involved in the header somehow. Not sure how the copyrights would be effected that way. If not, just the text of the local teams would suffice - but I wanted something cool for the NYSB logo.

Can I upgrade toi 2.0.17 without it effecting the crapload of hacks I have installed on the board?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not easily. They have mod tutes to manually make the changes from one version to the next such as this http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=308426 ( but that mod is just from 2.0.16 release to 2.0.17

But you are 6 version releases behind. It might be easier for you to set up 2.0.17 on a test board, reinstall your mods and then replace your existing files with the current ones. That's the problem with heavily modded boards if you don't keep up with the current releases. You can break things if you don't keep detailed track of what you did.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

As far as the logos, You just need to get permission to use them. I understood you were thinking about them for the header and not the logo.
  • northjersey78
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Not easily. They have mod tutes to manually make the changes from one version to the next such as this http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=308426 ( but that mod is just from 2.0.16 release to 2.0.17

But you are 6 version releases behind. It might be easier for you to set up 2.0.17 on a test board, reinstall your mods and then replace your existing files with the current ones. That's the problem with heavily modded boards if you don't keep up with the current releases. You can break things if you don't keep detailed track of what you did.

I think I may have gone overboard on the mods anyway, so it may be worth it to upgrade to the latest version and start fresh again, then re-install just the few mods that I really want to use.
  • virose
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • virose
  • Loc: florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi my name is jason, i'm really interested in the job for the logo and header designs. i'm a graphic artist. and a web site designer, so i think i fit the job.
i would really like to hear from you and get this going.

If you are interested in me doing the work contact me at virose@panhandle.rr.com

thanks, jason
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you truly are interested then you should contact the person looking for help. Does McDonalds contact people to be fry cookers? No, people go to McDonalds seeking to be a fry cooker.
  • virose
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • virose

Post 3+ Months Ago

i would contact him , but he has no contact info. :D
  • Burnt_Raven
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Burnt_Raven
  • Loc: South East England

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can still PM him!!!
  • virose
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • virose

Post 3+ Months Ago

i pm but no response yet
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Heh. You're board has the same design and styling of Ozzu. LOL. Anything in particular you're wanting in this logo and any other info & details you could provide us with to help us make this logo to your liking?
  • northjersey78
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry guys, can a mod lock or delete this?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts