JOB OFFER: Make some changes to my existing website .

• freelancedailydotnet

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I found this forum through a google search and I'm hoping to get some quotes for work I need done on my site. Please forgive me for my lack of site knowledge and terminology - I am a business owner - not a programmer - and that's why I'm here. :)

I purchased an existing business http://www.freelancedaily.net and have not made any changes to the site since the purchase. We are a subscription based newsletter for freelance writers. We offer a free 1 week trial to the newsletter and access to the site and then an annual subscription. While negotiating the purchase, the site went down. What happened was the person who originally designed and hosted the site disappeared. We lost access to the http://www.freelancedaily.org (which from what I understand is where all of the "files" were stored) and the previous owner had to have someone help him move outdated files to my new hosting (GoDaddy). What I found out afterwards was the feature that automatically activates new subscriber membership is not working. I now have to manually activate each new subscriber. I have found a software that looks like it would work great with my subscriber base http://www.amember.com but I have no idea how it would work with my existing site.

Ideally, what I would like is a quote for the following work:

1. I would like to be able to make minor changes to the site myself - either through Front Page or by being taught how to access the files on my site. By minor I mean add articles and some content from time to time.

2. I would like the subscription process to happen automatically - either by fixing the problem on the site or by moving to a software like amember.

3. I need to make changes to some of the content and pages - For example there is no longer need for a database but I would like to add some pages like FAQ's, Articles, etc.

I am sure you will need to know more information from me to give me a quote so please im me. I chose this forum over a bidding type of site because it seems like you all know each other and hopefully I can find someone who is honest and trustworthy.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for your consideration.

*SmiLes* Suzanne
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Ted
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Ted
  • Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is, despite the long post, a lot of detail missing.

What languages are in use? I know in my own sites, I have mixed PHP and Perl extensively to use both files and a MySQL database back end.

The quality of what you have is another concern. Is your current system fully XHTML compliant? Has the code in the backend been developed well to allow new features?

It sounds to me like you may want to consider porting to something like a blogging or forum system with some additional support for subscribed users. Not to hard to do, depending on the volume of content.

Ted
ted_250@yahoo.com
  • ablaye
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ablaye

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you still need someone? I can help you. Please PM me.
  • wuya1019
  • Born
  • Born
  • wuya1019

Post 3+ Months Ago

hehe iam interested, PM sent..................and my MSN wuya1019@hotmail.com
freely contact with me................................................
  • Fergie
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like Ted said you must want port to some type of blog or forum added to your site. Its not hard to do.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts