JOB OFFER: Need a designer/programmer to co-found a Portal

• eBluSky
  • Born
  • Born
  • eBluSky

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am looking for a web-designer/programmer to co-found (51:49) a virtual-community Portal (merge the e-mail/blog/themed newsboard kind of site), transform an idea on to the computer screen. I’d expect the Portal to be web-designed appealing to the human eye, basic PHP logins, SQL data base and such. With time, to incorporate 3-D enviromentalists, make it innovative. Site has got its name, logo, slogan, concept.

While CV is worth, I’d rather look for the personality values like honesty, healthy ambitions and will to progress in knowledge. Feel free to contact: eBluSky1@yahoo.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• stchatterbox
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: London, Tokyo, Macau

Post 3+ Months Ago

sounds interesting. i once involved a few portal community sites like shanghaiexpat (i was an assistant back then)...and some other expatriates and school sites for musicians.

what would be your site about then?
  • eBluSky
  • Born
  • Born
  • eBluSky

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Cintia,

I enjoyed reading your blog. The idea of portal is of general nature, a gate to the internet world as the definition says, like i.e. http://www.yahoo.com. Though, it's not to be a news-board but a virtual social place where people can interact with the internet world and other people more closely. Focus would be on people's profiles, their blogs just like yours, a place where they come to read mail and present themselves virtually, plus have the whole of internet at sideline links.

I didn't notice your references in php, sql. The site right now needs web-designing and programming.
  • stchatterbox
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: London, Tokyo, Macau

Post 3+ Months Ago

eblusky, thanks for your compliments.. :)
which system have you chosen for your portal then? phpNuke, or something like Maxdev?
  • eBluSky
  • Born
  • Born
  • eBluSky

Post 3+ Months Ago

No compliments, only description : )

First thing said about phpNuke and Maxdev is that they are 'easy to use and affordable'. I want to team-up with someone who is better in programming than I am, to be able to create something unique, perhaps innovative.

I briefly got to go through David Mercer's newly published book 'Drupal: Creating blogs, forums, portals and community web-sites', it's a very interesting program language and I way to go, I'd say.
  • epithet
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • epithet

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello eBluSky!

If you're looking for long term bond with some staff (programmes or webmasters) I have just you a proposal. Please read and I hope you will realy benefit a lot from it. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

epithet

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts