JOB OFFER: Need Great Logo Designer WITH STRONG PORTFOLIO

• iGabe
  • Born
  • Born
  • iGabe

Post 3+ Months Ago

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE RESPONDING

I'm looking for a great, reliable logo designer (or company) interested in occasional extra work. I require someone with true drawing/illustration skills, or a portfolio which demonstrates your ability to compensate with elegantly customized clip-art or etc. I'm willing to pay up to $50 O.B.O. ($60 max for an incredible offer/portfolio) per logo, including your source file (layered .psd, or original .ai file).

Those consistently available on instant messenger (on "all the time") will be preferred over those not, but email is perfectly fine if I'm able to fully trust getting prompt responses/revisions and prompt status updates (e.g. if you're running behind schedule or etc.)

For some background: I offer web design and (when applicable) like including logo design as part of a "package" deal. I'm realistic and know the logo designs I've personally done pale in comparison to the work of a true professional, thus am seeking out such a talented person. I need someone dependable to finish jobs quickly within deadlines and to clients full satisfaction.

You will be considered a freelancer and can choose to accept or deny each logo project offered to you. Those who accept a majority of projects right away will naturally be preferred over those who repeatedly deny offers.

REQUIREMENTS For Each Logo You Agree To Work On:
these terms are firm, but negotiable if given good reason

A) If/when you agree to start a logo, a first version I can present to my client is expected within 24 hours (48 hours absolute MAX, faster the better) and further revisions each within 12-24 hours MAX, until finished. No pressure to work on weekends (I usually do, but optional ;-) ).

B) A full money-back guarantee on each design OR ALTERNATIVELY a guarantee of unlimited revisions until my client is completely happy. Feedback from my clients is assured (you will never be left in the dark with no comments to base your improvements on).

C) It's vital you understand that some clients requests more revisions then others — sometimes MANY more. You must be eternally patient and pull through each and every time you agree to start work on a new logo (unless you're offering a full money-back guarantee, in which case be prepared to refund full cost within 24-48 hours max. if you aren't successful).

D) Each logo designed is NOT to be displayed in your portfolio. Portfolio rights are to be exclusively mine.

E) You must give exclusive rights and ownership for the design (as well as any strikingly similar revisions) to me. This is to make sure I can confidently transfer full rights to my client once they've agreed to a design.

F) Under NO circumstances may you EVER contact any of my clients, present, past or future (potential). I will be the sole contact for all client relation matters (ALL client communication will be through me).

G) If you feel there is anything else needing clarification or have further questions, please let me know BEFORE you agree to working together.

I sincerely hope for a mutually enjoyable and profitable deal.

Thank You!

Contact can be made via PM or through posting a reply to this thread. If you are interested and have contract information such as an email or instant messenger screenname and would like to be contacted, feel free to provide such info. Also PLEASE do not forget to include relevant portfolio information. :-)

_____
Footnotes:

1) In regards to my requirement for drawings skills, I'm simply warning that fancy font styling in Photoshop w/ some added clip-art will NOT be adequate and unique art is sometimes required. How you work is up to you... hand-drawn paper scans colored & polished in Photoshop; illustrations done from scratch on a computer; whatever you're best with.

2) Open to working with potentially 2 or 3 logo designers, eventually narrowing down to 1 or 2 based on how well we work together. That said, there is a chance I will choose just one, based on the quality of prospects who express interest in this deal.

3) Designing multiple first drafts for each logo project is not required, although if you decide to do this it's certainly welcome. Some designers are better than others and if you're good enough to regularly impress clients with your very first logo idea, that's great!
  • Pelega
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Pelega
  • Loc: Scotland UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I replied to this, and heard nothing back!

Is this even a legitimate job offer?

TBH its a rather poor contract, and the guys i have forwarded this to, also agree, its not a good contract!
  • iGabe
  • Born
  • Born
  • iGabe

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pelega wrote:
I replied to this, and heard nothing back!

Is this even a legitimate job offer?

Hi Pelega, yes I received your PM. I appreciate your interest.

However, my post CLEARLY stated that a portfolio is REQUIRED. Your PM said "i do not have a portfolio for this sort of job offer" thus I chose not to reply.

I also, as a suggestion, would advise you to not question the legitamacy of offers which you are interested in. (e.g. would you go to an interview at a bank and start questioning their security measures?)

Pelega wrote:
TBH its a rather poor contract, and the guys i have forwarded this to, also agree, its not a good contract!

I'm happy to report that I've signed on 2 great logo designers (with several others interested and on my 'backup' list now) after posting this offer to Ozzu.com, SitePoint.com, and WebHostingTalk.com forums. They all seemed to be fine with the terms ;)

Thank you.

P.S. If mods would like to close this thread, they are more than welcome :-) It's no longer needed. Thanks!
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Closed.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts