JOB OFFER: Toronto Based Web/Graphic Designers

• daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am looking for web and graphic designers who are based in Toronto, or in and around the Greater Toronto Area. I usually design web sites and graphics as a hobby just to get some spending money, but I have been bombarded with requests lately and have had to refer a lot of them to friends and other people I know in the business. These other designers are getting busy as well, so I'm now forced to just turn these requests down or make them wait for me to become available. So instead of turning away business, I figured that I would get a list of some local web/graphic designers so that I can refer some business over to them. A few of the clients that I just finished working for are already refering me to their friends and I expect a lot of new requests in the weeks/months ahead.

Requirements:
  • Portfolio is a must, no if's and's or but's.
  • Proficient in HTML, PHP/ASP/JSP, Javascript, Flash/Action Script (many of them want Flash animations, so you must strong in it)
  • Strong understanding of SEO and designing sites for good search engine performance
  • Proficient in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
  • You must be able to work with tight deadlines, i.e. "I want this website finished by next week, please"
  • Must be honest, sociable, well-spoken and open to the clients ideas
  • Must be patient! Most of these clients have no idea how websites work, you must be willing to explain certain things to them
  • This is a face-to-face job, clients will most likely come to your place of business/residence to discuss their project, you must be willing to accommodate them

Again, this is only for Toronto area residents and I'm only going to refer the best of the best to protect my reputation, therefore my expectations are pretty high. If you do a good job, these clients will usually give/get you more business, so this is a great opportunity. If you feel that you've got the skills, PM me your contact information, hourly rate and/or payment expectations, link to portfolio and a little blurb about yourself.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mojan
  • Born
  • Born
  • mojan
  • Loc: Mississauga

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dear Sir/Mam:

I am so confident if you check out my online portfolio and read my profile you will want to interview me for the Senior Graphic Designer position. I have outstanding design/creative skills and I am a perfectionist who always strives to improve what I do, and thrive on challenges. My resume is enclosed for your consideration.

In recent years, I have utilized my creative, analytical and problem solving skills to complete several Web-related projects, both independently and as a project team member.

As you may have noticed I possess about ten years of experience in various facets of Graphic and Web Design.

I received my BA in Graphics in 1990. To equip myself with the latest technology I upgraded myself with a postgraduate diploma in Web Design,1999, in Humber College. Since I never stop learning, I also finished a certificate program in advanced Web design, development and maintenance last summer, 2005, in Humber College.

Please check out my Web site at: http://www.mediaxweb.com which includes my portfolio and shows how I have turned ideas into reality.

Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to talking with you.

Warmest regards,

MOJAN YOUSEFIAN
Graphic/Web Designer
Tel: 905.812.3813
Cell: 416.473.5894
mojan@mediaxweb.com
http://www.mediaxweb.com
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please PM the user do not post replies here.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts