JOB OFFER: Website marketing

• Loucon
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a website called http://www.freelancernow.com and well i want to get members for it. I don't want to shell out any money as of yet for advertising but would rather go the grass roots way, which i don't know how. I have read tons of articles on marketing but all of them seem to point me in the pay direction. Don't get me wrong i will eventually pay for marketing but for the time being i would like to exause the free method. Posting in forums is frowned upon as is regarded as spam and i am trying to keep my website from being cluttered with a million banners. { makes ones site look unprofessional } What can i do to get more users to register. I have over 53,000 hits per month but no turn over Please Help! I will offer compensation for the help
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

53,000? Whoa... you're website must be pretty good. Now to business...

So you want more users to register? Well, ask yourself these two questions: How would a user benefit being a member? And why would they want to?

You have to make things interesting for members. Maybe you should have a section that people can see on the Homepage that says "How users can benifit being a member" or something similar. Hopefully when people see that, they'll be convinced to join...

Hope that helps :wink:
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The hard fact is that marketing a website costs money. You have to spend to accumilate....

You say your getting 53,000 uniques a month (thats almost 1,800 a day) yet when I look at your site you don't have a single project listed?? I doubt seriously you are getting that many unique visitors. So the first thing you gotta do here is start being realistic.

Most new websites would take advantage of Adwords if they were serious about getting sign ups. It costs only a few cents / $ per click and is the most efficiant way for any new site to start up. It's an imediate TARGETED traffic flow into your website.

But you don't want to spend so what are you gona do? You gotta start being creative then I guess.

Your first call is to get your site listed on as many related / webmaster / programming / marketing / whatever sites as possible. You can do this by writing articles in return for the backlink, swapping links with them, or contributing on forums with your sig in your footer (just post helpfull stuff and people will click through your footer)

You could try learning SEO, but the freelance market is VERY competitive and I doubt any newbie is gona break into the top 1000 let alone the top 10, but still its an option.

My best advice would be to think of something that programmers / webmasters are going to be able to get into and try a viral marketing sort of thing. I knew a company once who found a heap of funny pics that were programming related and naturally spread them through forums, etc. Each pic was branded with their website name. Anyhow the pics obviously spread around like wildfire throughout all the programming forums, etc and it was instant marketing.

I'm not saying do that as it's already been done - i'm sayig be creative. You have designed a site aimed at webmasters / programmers - find something they will relate to and brand it.....

As for your site your stuck in a cirlce - programmers are not going to sign up with no projects to bid on and webmasters arn't going to sign up with no programmers to do their projects - You gotta do something about this otherwise you'll get nowehere fast.

(not sure why this is in job offers but anyhow)
  • johnson8169z
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • johnson8169z
  • Loc: *TOP SECRET* (Not So)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've got loads of email in my inbox about "how to advertise your site" (free of charge!!) it consits of a few emails that help you to market your site better and earn revenues. You could contact me if you want!! I'm glad to help anyone!!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

johnson8169z wrote:
I've got loads of email in my inbox about "how to advertise your site" (free of charge!!) it consits of a few emails that help you to market your site better and earn revenues. You could contact me if you want!! I'm glad to help anyone!!

I get tons of those emails too. How does this help the poster? If you have no intent to gain a job in this forum then stop posting here. Otherwise you'll quickly find yourself unable to post elsewhere.
  • alpha
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it is better for you to offer free of charge for both the company and freelancers to use. then optimized it for search engines. after the traffic starts to build at high then that will be the right time to earn bucks.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please note: The purpose of this post is not to get suggestions or feedback. Loucon is seeking help and is willing to compensate for that help. If you have the ability and are interested, please contact him in PM or email.
  • Loucon
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes. I am interested in someone who can offer professional opinions that i can use. If you can help me i don't know if its ok but let me post my address in here contact me if you are interested at support@freelancernow.com. We will compensate.
  • Tiendq
  • Tiendq

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you should offer time-limited free of charge, also.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

her is some help:
free let it all be free.. then when you have a bunch of projects you can start charging 1 doller a day to add a new project my let the freelances look and post for free or you will drive them away
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

The freelance market IS very competitive and will take alot of work and alot of money. One my client's is a freelance site...1st page in Google, MSN, and Yahoo for "Freelance Jobs" ;-), but they have deep pockets. I would look for niche freelance jobs that you have projects for...and optimize for those. This will give you some positioning over the big guys that are overlooking these terms.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts