OFFER: Looking for programmer(s).

• ryguy4377
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ryguy4377
  • Loc: U.S.A.

Post 3+ Months Ago

We are starting up a company to create a commercial MMORPG called 'Astusdrea' (ass-tuss-dree-uh). The game will be very large and will be space-based in the future. We will need all the help we can get. The thing is, we can't pay you right now because we are starting off with a garage-company budget. Now, once and if this game is completed, you will be paid in full for the time you put into the project, and you then can choose whether you will want to continue with the company and work on updates for the game and other games, or leave. Right now, these are all ideas and a bit loose, but with help we can bring these ideas together to create something amazing. For more information, check out our site (temporary, we are going to set it up better and get a .com domain within the next month or two...) and our forums:

Site: http://frflen.cloud.prohosting.com/

Forums: http://s2.phpbbforfree.com/forums/frozenflamegame.html

Also, to get in contact with us, sometimes we are on the IRC channel; which is #frozenflame on the freenode network [irc.freenode.net]. Or, you can email us at frozenflamegames@gmail.com.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While this could just crash, it also has a VERY great potential of becoming the next huge game. With help, we can make it happen.

--Ryan

• Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Pelega
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Pelega
  • Loc: Scotland UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

don't know if its just firefox, but the site is all over the place, and looks pretty disgusting. (no offence meant) It needs cleaned up.

Also, i like the idea, and the way you want things to work, but, whats to stop me from claiming this as my idea, if i were to code such an application?

You need some form of contract, and even a small percentage of the final fee to pay up front, and that way you will get offers.

As it stands, i do not think any one has the time, to work payment free on a project that needs a lot more development plans in practice, and will requirre months of work, and on going work.

PM me if you would like to talk more, and i can tell you if and when i can help out. (various aspects of web-design, database building, web hosting experience)
  • ryguy4377
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ryguy4377

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah..the site is basically crappy right now, and doesn't display right in some resolutions. But, we will be fixing that up pretty soon here, and getting a '.com' domain. And, we are still planning out all the design documentation to write some prelimenary code off of. As for paying people up front, I really can't right yet :(; there is just not any way I can, all money I do have coming in (which, at the moment, isn't all that much...) is going towards the domain and webserver we are setting up. But, how it will work, will be that once the game finishes up, if it does, we can calculate the time you ['you' meaning anyone...] worked and figure out a fair wage and pay you for your total time. Realize, that, even if interested, you are still taking a bit of a risk if you are only in it for the money, because we do reserve the right to not be obliged to pay anyone if the project is unsuccessful. But, like I said previously, with help and determination, it very well could be a success.
  • thrawn
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thrawn

Post 3+ Months Ago

Programming language: C++

For claification
  • ryguy4377
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ryguy4377

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah...sorry about not clearing that up at first: this will be a commercial game that uses a client to play, not embedded into a webpage. So, yes: it will use c++ and possibly python.
  • ryguy4377
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ryguy4377

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well...we now have a new site too: still not too much content but its more organized...once we get a domain sometime soon here we can get rid of that extension. Here it is for now: http://frozenflamegames.googlepages.com
  • ryguy4377
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ryguy4377

Post 3+ Months Ago

UPDATE:: Site looks the same as of right now, but we have a subversion repository, wiki [trac], and domain name setup (although I am still working on the wiki atm...). It can be found here:

http://frozenflamegames.com
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

So it's basically not guaranteed that the programmers you hire will get payed? Did you not read the rules? This is a PAY ONLY job posting forum.
  • ryguy4377
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ryguy4377

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I'm not going to argue with you about my view on the matter since it is going to be seemingly worthless to you at any rate...so; proceed with the closing of the topic.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts