Professional Gaming Team Needs Your Help!

• TeamEFX
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Who We Are

Since 1999, The Select Effect has been on the cutting edge of the rising competitive online gaming industry. Both for PC & Xbox Live, EFX has been leading ladders & tournaments on various websites with number 1 rankings & top 8 finishes. On November 10th, at 12am, one of the most anticipated gaming titles of All-Time releases. Modern Warfare 2. EFX is among one of the best teams in Modern Warfare. In anticipation of Modern Warfare 2, & with over $10,000 USD won in prize money over the years, we believe it is time to reward those who have been a part of the team, are on the team, & future teamates, with a place to be organized, & call home.

Why We Need YOU & Help

Unfortunately, what has led me to this site, is our complete misfortune looking for a website & a webmaster. I own & bought SelectEffect(dot)com. After that, nothing has been easy. I was scammed on Craigslist in search of a webmaster for $1200. I was scammed on a graphics site for $400. And I was nearly scammed again on Gamebattles. Someone was charging me $1000 for PSD files only, but was leading me to believe the $1000 was a complete site that was design & code. And that was not the case. Simply psd files. Thank God & friend looked out for me & saved me.

This is a NO MONEY DOWN PROJECT TO PROTECT ME. I MUST PROTECT MYSELF AT THIS POINT. HOWEVER I PROTECT YOU COMPLETELY TO! I WILL SUPPLY YOU WITH MY PHONE NUMBER, FULL NAME, ADDRESS, NAME & ADDRESS OF EMPLOYMENT, AND MOST OF ALL THE DOMAIN LOGIN & PASSWORD FOR SELECTEFFECT(dot)com WHICH YOU CAN CHANGE & NOT GIVE ME UNTIL AFTER YOU RECEIVE PAYMENT! I WILL pay once the site is up, online, real, & polished. I have ALL files for content on the site, a FULL DETAILED description of what I want PLUS EVERYTHING YOU READ HERE! 1/2 the work is done for you!

Target Audience For This Project

Your possiblities are endless to get Your Name, Your Company, Your Design Site, out to the general public! EFX is a well known, established, & respected gaming community. There are millions of gamers through sites such as MLGPro, GameBattles, Cevo, Zone, WCG, & others, that will be exposed to our website daily! Thousands of gamers both adults & teenagers will visit monthly, & hundreds weekly. We have & DO compete on games such as: Age of Kings: The Conquerors Expansion, Halo, Rainbow Six: Black Arrow, Rainbow Six Vegas, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Gears of War 2, Wolfenstien, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare & soon Modern Warfare 2. ***(ALL GAMES YOU CAN INCLUDE THROUGHOUT THE DESIGN WHICH WOULD/COULD BE AWESOME)*** The work you do for us, will create future work for you. Both you as a designer, & me as the team founder win. Gaming grows, & we are in the middle of it. We need a place to display everything we have been through, & will go through as a team. We want a site that caters to our team & our competition, but graphically will make anyone say, "Wow, what a slick & unique, yet smooth team website." I have alot of ideas.

Requirements

Here is what I want: When you visit selecteffect(dot)comecom, your presented to a beautiful Splash Page. I want the Splash Page to have our EFX Logo (u need to create), Name & Slogan on it. Along with the following Button Options near bottom: View EFX Intro. EFX Frontline. filefront or send u) Once it ends, it leads to the Homepage. EFX Frontline button will lead to our Enter EFX Forums. When they click The View Intro button, I have a video intro I will host on homepage. And the Enter EFX Forums will lead to the Forums Index. All 3 buttons must be custom (obviously). And flash prefered.

Main Colors for the Website: Black, White, Charcoal/Dark Grey, Flourescent Xbox Green. Sub/Highlight Colors for the Website: Flourescent Xbox Green, Neon Blue or Blood Red.
Navigation Buttons: Frontline, Forums, About EFX, F.A.Q. & Info, Rosters, Friends & Links, Join EFX, Contact EFX, Store.

On Frontline/Home page an animated awesome banner on top. Underneath the banner a scrolling news ticker. In addition I need a News Rotator or Theater. Also a cool matching site counter. I will need EFX Monthly MVP section, Upcoming Events section, Top Forum Posters section. Also a User controlled music player that doesnt autostart, & only plays if user chooses. Buttons separate from our navigation bar leading to an EFX Twitter, EFX MySpace, EFX Facebook. I will also need a paypal donate module that will allow users to pay towards the site & the team needs.

Design: Characters from games we play mainly Call of Duty 2 & Rainbow Six Vegas ( listed above), Dog Tags, Xbox 360 controllers & Xbox Power Symbol, all ideas for the design.

I'd like to have vBulletin Forums. I can purchase the license towards the end of the site, earlier if you need.

Someone made me a beautiful website once but then it fell through & they suddenly went m.i.a. we will assume. (You can use these pictures as a guideline of what I need, like, & looking for. But do NOT copy these designs exact obviously. Use your own skills!)

Splash Page Example: http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c19/C ... splash.jpg

Home Page Example: http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c19/C ... mepage.jpg

Join EFX Page Example: http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c19/C ... usPage.jpg

About EFX Page Example: http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c19/C ... AQpage.jpg

***Again, my budget isnt the greatest, but doing this site will have thousands of others viewing your work & I hope & believe you will generate more clients & big money from helping us.**

Thank You,
Michael
SelectEffect@Gmail(DOT)com
Moderator Remark: Links fixed. I'll make an exception for you here - you need good help. ;)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you still have any PSD's for things that you like such as your links, you may consider letting someone convert them for you as part of the project. They look nice. I'm not an outstanding designer, but slicing up a PSD, so in my experiences slapping a back end on it simplifies the process a bit.
  • TeamEFX
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can anyone help me? This would benefit a designer who needs exposure! Your coding & design skills would be displayed to thousands! You can place your design logo & name on our site anywhere! Can anyone help us ?
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not to sound paranoid, but if you have money to spend, how come you cannot find someone to do the work?

One thing you might consider is to lower your expectations slightly, and find someone you can trust and work with rather than someone you can throw tons of cash at. A little while ago I got involved with some people who were beginner game programmers and wanted to promote their work online with a site. Since they were working for free, the game was open source, everyone doing it for the experience, I said sure.

But considering that their own product was not really professional quality, what they wanted for the site was ridiculous. They didn't want a site built by a single volunteer, they wanted something created by the PR department at Electronic Arts.

Also, all they could do was complain and tell me things like "everything has to be fixed width", etc. That is not exactly what I was hoping for from "free and creative people". I mean I didn't sit there and go "Your game sucks. It should be like this instead". So I gave up and told them to just learn how to use some templates or find someone else.

Of course, they never found anyone else and last I looked the site is crud and mostly forums that get two posts a week, presumably some big hosting package designed for actual commercial interests and paid for by one fool or another as a 12 month deal. Ie, WASTE. Sounds like you are having some WASTE problems as well, caused by poor communication.

Anyway, I know this is not an exact description of your situation, but it just sounds to me like the trouble you are having is a little silly, perhaps because you are being a little silly yourself. I will do things purely for my portfolio/resume (as you say, exposure) but in that case I want creative control or there is no point. If you are going to say, I want this exactly like this and I want this done this way and you have already made your mind up about everything, pay for it. Otherwise, why not just say who you are, and that you are open to ideas...

I apologize if I'm wrong about my "gut feeling" here, and in any case good luck! :mrgreen:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts