Access, Excel, and writing queries

• Smilingwolf
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,
Can anyone recommend any resources for learning to write queries and formulas in Access and Excel? These can be online as well as books.

Thanks in advance

SW
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't speak for Excel, but I bought these for Access 2000:

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0782129781/qid=1086751881/sr=1-5/ref=sr_1_5/002-2811661-0496055?v=glance&s=books"> VBA Developer's Handbook</a>

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0782123716/qid=1086751881/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/002-2811661-0496055?v=glance&s=books">Access 2000 Developer's Handbook 2 Volume set</a>

I'm currently going through the VBA Handbook and it is excellent. You can probably get the bulk of your basic questions answered from that one. The other two I've browsed through, but haven't had the time to study yet, but they appear to be equally as good.
  • Smilingwolf
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks very much.

I ordered the Access 2000 Developer's Handbook and borrowed the VBA in a nutshell book from the library until it comes in.

SW
  • Smilingwolf
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is there a big difference between Volume 1: Desktop Edition and Volume 2: Enterprise Edition? I ordered volume 2 and received volume 1. Would I be better off switching them out, other than the principle of getting what I ordered?

Thanks

SW
  • Ragnar78
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ragnar78

Post 3+ Months Ago

Concerning Excel and Access...

I only suggest that you grab a VBA book concerning the objects...
Not about queries or other things...
Queries are easy to create in access...+ u can use functions as feilds etc...

If you have notions in programing, the hardest thing is to grab the concept of object in Office apps...like this you can directly go and write codes in all the Office components (access excel word powerpoint outlook...etc)
I started with Excel and mastered it to a certain extent, it took me only 2 weeks to create huges DB + its relations on access

If it is only about writing queries, you can just search the internet for some samples, its not hard AT ALL...

if you need anyhelp, please dont hesitate to ask...and good luck :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts