Adding User to a network

• Hacker007
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Riverside, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

First and formost, I dont know which forum this goes in, I hope this is the correct one....

Ummm... I can add users on my school network with command prompt by going net user USERNAME /add but I don't know what the password gets set as to log on with it so I need to know how to create a user with a password. This:

net user <username> <space> <password> <space> /add

Works to add a user to a computer, but how would I add a user to a network? :roll: :oops: :roll:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• DuckIT
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: London, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... 94&sd=tech

Excerpt:

Quote:
net user [username [password | *] [options]] [/domain]
username {password | *} /add [options] [/domain]
username [/delete] [/domain]

username
Is the name of the user account you want to add, delete, modify, or view. The name of the user account can have as many as 20 characters.
password
Assigns or changes a password for the user's account. A password must satisfy the minimum length set with the /minpwlen option of the net accounts command. It can contain as many as 14 characters.
Produces a prompt for the password. The password is not displayed when you type it at a password prompt.
/domain
Performs the operation on the primary domain controller (PDC) of the current domain. This parameter applies only to computers running Windows NT Workstation that are members of a Windows NT Server domain. By default, Windows NT Server-based computers perform operations on the PDC.
/add
Adds a user account to the user accounts database.
/delete
Removes a user account from the user accounts database.

Note: The I found the above by typing 'net user command' in Google. Google is your best friend! :lol:

S
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can also get the same syntax help by typing net user /? at the command prompt (doesn't provide the added description though.

Keep in mind, you will need to be a domain administrator to add a user to the domain.

to add to the domain the basic syntax would be:

net user userone passwordone /add /yourdomain.com

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts