ip addresses

• sazn
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

not sure if this is in the right section but anyway, i'm kind of confused. this person has been posting crap on my site but i have a suspition that it is a guy that i know. i have the ip of the poster and the guy i know and the ip's are quite similar. i noticed when i post on my forums my ip address is slightly different on each post just like the guy posting crap on my site and the guy i know. anyone could the guy i know and the guy posting the crap on my site be the same person? the two ip's are: 63.93.96.62 and 66.53.178.201. :(
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

look here:
http://www.whois.sc/63.93.96.62

and here:
http://www.whois.sc/66.53.178.201
  • sazn
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow thats a pretty cool site thanks for the link. looks like i was wrong with who i thought that guy was though....
  • Rabid Dog
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is another option. The whois service just tells you who owns or has reserved the IP range (as far as I know)

ISP's assign your computer a new IP address evertime you log in (DHCP) check those IP address and see if they belong to a server. If they do then they are different, else they could be the same guy

66.53.178.201 = nothing so it could be assigned to a machine
63.93.96.62 = nothing

so efectively these addresses could be assigned to a machine. Also look into IP masscarading

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts