Adobe 9 some files classed as damaged but can open others

• candy henderson
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • candy henderson
  • Loc: Great Britain

Post 3+ Months Ago

I recently downloaded Adbobe 9 reader and have found that I can open some files that are attached to emails but not others. I.e - I can open booking forms but not the pdf's that give the information about the bookings. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software but still no joy. Can anybody please help? Many thanks if you can!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

What email application are you using? I use Outlook and had similar issues if I open them directly from the email. The work-around I use is to save them first to your desktop, or my documents, or wherever you want to save them, and then open them from Adobe 9's File|Open menu.
  • candy henderson
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • candy henderson

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've tried saving them to my desktop. When you go to Adobe's File/Open and choose the document you want to open there's a thumb nail of the doc.on the right hand - it shows and opens the booking forms but won't show or open the others. The difference appears to be in the type of doc. perhaps. The booking forms look as though they've be done on a spreadsheet whereas the ones that I can't open are straight forward text.
I'm using Yahoo and have worked round it by opening another e-mail account with google where I can view them - but I have to go to the perfomance of sending them and logging in ect. It's ridiculous! Thank you for replying.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

then perhaps it's something with Yahoo, then. As long as they are pdf it shouldn't matter what the content is.
  • candy henderson
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • candy henderson

Post 3+ Months Ago

I turned off Norton and was able to download the pdf files. When I turned it back on again I was still able to download the files so the issue somehow sorted itself out inbetween! Many thanks for your help.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts