Archlord Patching problem (due to Vista?)

• Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Moderators: Feel free to move this if its in the wrong topic. Long time since Ive posted anything at Ozzu.

I downloaded the free version of Archlord today, and got it installed on my computer, along with direct X. I then clicked on the desktop icon, which brought up the auto-update screen, which proceeded to download all(im assuming all) the new patches. After download/implementation is done, the Archlord screen disappears and Im left at my desktop. When I try to re-open Archlord from the desktop, it brings up the auto-update screen, and proceeds to download/implement all the stuff it had just done, and then closes again, leaving me at the desktop AGAIN. Ive tried it multiple times, and each time it does the same thing. Ive tried restarting my computer, a full shut down, uninstalling the game and reinstalling and it does the same thing each time. Im also runing my computer on Vista (which is what Im thinking is causing this problem), so I shut off the auto blocker on Archlord through the control panel, and turned off my Norton Anti-virus and nothing changes. Any help yall can give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would try a few things.

Look in the event viewer for errors.

Try to run the program in safe mode.

Try to find the .ini file that goes with that program. It may to be edited.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I checked into a bit of that, come to find out it works when its run in administrator mode through Vista, so it was a Vista problem. Who woulda thought VISTA would have PROBLEMS!?!?!? lol, heres a link that answers the general question for anyone looking in the future.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/ ... p?t=237434
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm glad you found the answer.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Me too,
thanks for your help. Much appreciated. Can ALWAYS depend on Ozzu, lol
  • Cyras
  • Born
  • Born
  • Cyras

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok i have same problem as smokenjoe just its a lil differnt ( i also have a vista) i downloaded it and installed it fine but when it gets to the updater it just says connecting i ran it as admin and still nothing after the updater runs for bout 20 sec stupid lil thing pops up says sumin about server and chck firewall my fire wall is turned off so i really have no clue if any1 can help me please do thanks !!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts