Autodetect analogue input

• Karen1
  • Born
  • Born
  • Karen1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi. I'm new here. I googled the above subject and found an answer/link which brought me here. I'm hoping someone can assist.

I have an 'older' computer. I tried to install a wireless keyboard to it. My usb ports are not the 'fast' 2.0 (whatevers). I'm thinking that's why the 'reader' for the keyboard/mouse wouldn't seem to run. When I was disconnecting the wired mouse and keyboard, I accidentally hit the power switch on the power bar and of course, puter shut down. Anyhow, I disconnected that and re-hooked up my wired keyboard and mouse. Things were fine. I then went to connect to the internet (dial up) and when I hit enter at the dial-up prompt, black screen came up with Autodetect analogue input message, the puter crashed and rebooted.

Why? What happened?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks much!
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does it still do this or was it just one time?

Did you try doing what I mentioned in this thread:
mswindows-forum/auto-detect-analog-input-error-message-t84888.html

One place you can look is the Event Viewer. To access the event viewer click on Start then Run and type in eventvwr (that is not a typo) and press enter. Look for any errors the will be marked with a red circle with an X.
  • Karen1
  • Born
  • Born
  • Karen1

Post 3+ Months Ago

No - I haven't tried that yet. The system which is crashing is at home and I'm not. I've printed your instructions from your link and also this one and will see if that helps me out at home. If there are errors marked, what do I do then?

It did it about four times in a row and I became very frustrated with my puter and walked away from it. I was also dealing with a brand new puter which I somehow managed to mess up at the same time. *sighhh Walked away from them both and am now trying to figure answers for them both :)

Thanks
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can double click the errors in Event Viewer and it will bring up a windows that will give an explanation on why the error occurred. Some errors though are kind of cryptic and don't tell you much. Most of them can be Googled and more than likely you will find the reason why the error happened.
  • Karen1
  • Born
  • Born
  • Karen1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just an update - apparently, my built-in modem didn't like the cold shut down. I removed the modem; rebooted; and taadaa! no analgue message and I could connect.

I did look at the events view first - and things were fine (except one or two Windows updates which didn't process properly).

Thanks for the help :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts