Avi to dvd no playback on standalone player

• sniffy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have converted my avi movies to dvd using cucusoft no problem. Have then created .bup/.ifo/vob files with ifoedit. The first movie plays fine on dvdplayer but burnt another 4 films all of which are 'no play' in the dvd player. Have double/triple checked settings and they seem ok. Anybody have any ideas :(
All dvd's willplay on pc with power cinema but seem to start approx 1 min into movie. However I can 'rewind' dvd to the beginning and play normally :!:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Alkatr0z
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Alkatr0z
  • Loc: Adelaide, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hope these aren't Pirated movies downloaded off the net as .avi files.

Alkatr0z
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok first ? is your dvd player also a surround system? if no, then it could be the DVD region that it is set to burn in. to change this click start>control panel> system> click the hardware tab> device manager> dvd/cdrom drives> select your dvd burner> right click> properties> then under one of the tebs you should see dvd region listed. make sure it is set to the region you live in. click apply and you should be in business. if it is hooked to a surround sound system let me know, and i will give you further instructions on how to fix it.

poly
  • sniffy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes the dvd player in question has surround sound built in! :?:
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok at this point your probably thinking wtf does that have to do with any thing. my dvd player has surround sound, and it wouldnt read disks that i burned. i called the manufacturer, and they said when you purchase a dvd player that has surround sound, they have to reflash the rom, to make it compatable. when they reflash it, they said sometimes it doesnt work right, so they gave me a address of a store i could take it to get it fixed. i would recommend calling your DVD players manfacturer, and find out if it could be a similar thing. also did you check what region your burning in?

poly
  • sniffy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the tip :)
THe region is correct (2)
The manufacturer is Sanyo so I,ll guess that I try thier website.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok good luck man.

poly

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts