Ad-Aware problems, PLEASE HELP.

• ImmortalDuck
  • Student
  • Student
  • ImmortalDuck

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alrighty, I'm at my friend's house and usinghis computer to type this. Anyway, I recently downloaded and installed Ad-aware and deleted my adware/spyware. It looked like it was working great. But now I can connect to the internet with my modem but when I try ti go on IE or MSN it says I'm not connected, and I can't browse any websites or anything. I uninstalled ad-aware but that didn't fix it. What can I do? Please help, in a hurry.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

sounds like your WinSock Keys are broken, (this sometimes occurs when you remove some Adware programs that leech onto it.) and when this happens, usually, You can ping ip's, but you cant visit sites, this usually means, if it was like newdot.net, it alters the Dns with Winsock keys, and thats why sometimes, it screws up the winsock keys and your unable to surf websites. but ping ip's and connect but maintain small level of internet activity)

Which Operating system are you on?

I can tell you how to replace the keys with new ones if you have cab files of the system on the system..usually, windows\options\cabs, or the windows cd.

or, we can try, another type of program:

Im on aim as Woot train if you want to talk write now.
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.downloads.subratam.org/lspfix.zip

Try this program. Read the text first before attempting to use it.
  • MOC
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Ocean City , Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats a good program but you have got to no what you are doing with it .not user friendly (you can get into big trouble with it)
this is way better and will do all the reconfiguring for you .
sorry ! 99% of the people out there would have no idea how to use that .

Quote:
Please do not check the "I know what I'm doing" box unless you really know what you're doing. This option is for advanced users only and is not necessary to repair your system.

why even bother !

http://www.tacktech.com/pub/winsockfix/WinsockFix.zip

[/quote]
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

MOC wrote:
Thats a good program but you have got to no what you are doing with it .not user friendly (you can get into big trouble with it)
this is way better and will do all the reconfiguring for you .
sorry ! 99% of the people out there would have no idea how to use that .

Quote:
Please do not check the "I know what I'm doing" box unless you really know what you're doing. This option is for advanced users only and is not necessary to repair your system.

why even bother !

http://www.tacktech.com/pub/winsockfix/WinsockFix.zip

[/quote]

I talked to him on Aim, I sent him that program moc :)
  • Geekgirl
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello ImmortalDuck Image

If you haven't deleted the items in Adaware that were quarantined your can restore them back. After doing so, Download and install: HiJackThis . We will have a look at it to see exactly what to have you remove.

(Always create a Folder for HiJackThis anywhere but your Temp/Temporary Internet Folders. A good place to make a folder would be in My Documents,as this is where it will save the backup files needed if there's a problem.)

Then doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan". Make sure all Windows and Browsers are closed.
When the scan is finished, use "Save Log" button, save the log in a text file, best to save your text file in the same folder as where you put HiJackthis.

***DO NOT TRY TO FIX ANYTHING, MAJOR DAMAGE CAN BE DONE TO YOUR SYSTEM IF THIS TOOL IS USED INCORRECTLY, PLEASE WAIT FOR OUR MODERATORS TO GIVE YOU INSTRUCTIONS***

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts