Backing Up Important Files

• sonnyrizo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • sonnyrizo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sometimes, I have so many problems with my computer, I fear what may happen. I've decided to back-up everything that is important before something drastic happens.

Lets say something happens, what can I do to back-up important things? I don't have a CDR-drive, or anything else to make back-ups on. Therefore, I can only use the Internet.

Are there any websites that allow people to make free back-ups of about 1-2 Gigs? That's how much I'd need to back-up what I've stored. I don't need every single thing on my PC, but the folder where I keep all important things is about 1-2 Gigs.

Any suggestions?

I wouldn't be able to save the folder on my other HD, if the main one/Operating System failes, would I? I have two Hard-drives (HDs), and I was thinking of possibly saving the folder on the 2nd hard-drive, if that's possible.
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.backup.com/

http://www.ibackup.com/

I have never used either personally. If I were you, I would just get a small 2gig or so hard drive on eBay for a couple bucks, put it in as a slave, and back up everything to that. Then take it back out, put it in an ESD bag, and there you go.
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

40gbs can go for.. ... 60dollars.

cd-rw's are cheap also, like.. 50dollars TOP. theyre quite cheap now. If you want, I can give you 1GB ..
  • sonnyrizo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • sonnyrizo

Post 3+ Months Ago

lucassix wrote:
I have never used either personally. If I were you, I would just get a small 2gig or so hard drive on eBay for a couple bucks, put it in as a slave, and back up everything to that. Then take it back out, put it in an ESD bag, and there you go.

Like I said, there's another harddrive I have, right next to the main drive. Should I save everything on that one? What I am worried about is that both drives may fail for whatever reasons at the same time. Even if they don't fail at the same time, I'll need Windows OS to get to the 2nd harddrive, but when the 1st harddrive fails, the OS goes with it.

Code: [ Select ]
cd-rw's are cheap also, like.. 50dollars TOP.

I don't have a CDR drive.
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

sonnyrizo wrote:
lucassix wrote:

Like I said, there's another harddrive I have, right next to the main drive. Should I save everything on that one? What I am worried about is that both drives may fail for whatever reasons at the same time. Even if they don't fail at the same time, I'll need Windows OS to get to the 2nd harddrive, but when the 1st harddrive fails, the OS goes with it.

Code: [ Select ]
cd-rw's are cheap also, like.. 50dollars TOP.

I don't have a CDR drive.

yes.. save it to that one. both failing would be very crazy unlikly, unless, you had a electrical surge, but in that case, your whole comp may go (invest in a surge plug). If you have a OS cd, you should be find, you can just shuv it inside the drive, reboot, format, and install. or if you have some money to spend, get a firewire Incasing, then, backup, remove the drive/turn off the external closure, keep it safe. etc etc

and cd burners, I can see, go for 20dollars U.S or 25 for a LG used CD-RW.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts