Black screen with message 'Power Safe Mode'

• Karolis
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Karolis

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yesterday my personal computer automatically stopped working properly and the message show up on the desktop screen which says 'Power saving mode'
1. I reboot my computer and again my desktop was showing black screen with the note 'power save mode'.

2. Second my action was to login using the safe mode and computer were working properly. So I scanned my computer using AVG 2011 antivirus software and antivirus software just found the virus which is called Brontok.fw but I didn’t finish scan, because as I believed antivirus software will not help me to solve my PC fault.

3. After scanning I used ‘System Restore’ for return all computer configurations which was a day ago but also that didn’t solved.

4. So I reinstall my Windows XP Home Premium and (most everything) go back in correct order but after I install my graphics driver, also known as the display drivers my computer after rebooting again showed the black screen with message ‘power save made’.

5. So I felt quite pissed and logged on again using the safe mode and deleted my display drivers and rebooted my computer. After rebooting (restarting) my computer worked not to bad but display drivers were not deleted.

6. After that, of course I installed again my display driver which is NIVIDIA GeForce 7300le and after rebooting my desktop showed safe mode.

By actions taken I know that, I cannot install display driver and also something is wrong than computer is booting up.
During boot up, Windows XP shows many rows and each one contains with four white rows, going from bellow to top of desktop. After Windows XP logo appears small rows which are inside many circles.
[color=#BF0000](I can provide some images for showing, how these rows look [color]
As I believe, something with my computer components can be wrong because these rows are like unusual errors (bugs) of windows.

(On the internet I found, that can happen because of power supply, dusts, graphics card or even it can be the battery fault (battery inside the motherboard)).

Important node: After installing display driver, software called AVG Tune Up cannot find the graphics card (because doesn’t accept if is installed) if I remember that correct but I downloaded my driver for graphics card using ‘Driver Genius Professional’.

Above I told, all information which I can give by myself for help understanding my situation.
So if someone can help me to fix it, I would be very thankful.
  • Karolis
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Karolis

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for help people, I really appreciate.
The fault was the graphics card and now I am waiting for new graphics card which I both from at ebay.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

You're very welcome and thank you for the sarcasm.
  • Karolis
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Karolis

Post 3+ Months Ago

nc

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts