Blue Screen Error!

• ChrisMayhew
  • ChrisMayhew

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello

I have been getting a blue screen error every day and it just gives me the following number without any other information.

OxCE9F0C50, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8060AB84
The error is: IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Any help on this would be good
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

A google search for "IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" provides some good results. There seems to be several possible causes. I think most of us our going to need to know more about your computer before anyone can offer some substantial help, i.e. Let's start with what OS you're using and what hardware are you using and when does the error occur. Are you doing the same thing each time you get the error, or is it random? Stuff like that.
  • ChrisMayhew
  • ChrisMayhew

Post 3+ Months Ago

It does it whenever it feels like it.

I have

Athlon 2000 XP
Radeon 8500 (Graphics drivers up to date)
Sound Blaster 128
512 MB DDR Ram
Gigabyte Mother Board
Windows XP Home Edition
I use a second USB card and a USB2 Card, firewire card.
I have a cable SurfBoard modem.

As i said it does these errors on a few different things. It does it when im playing games, it does it on shut down it does it when just on the internet

Thank you for any help!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds and looks like a hardware conflict. I found this:

Quote:
I used to get the same error...
here is how I fixed it...
Go to The BIOS...
There where it says Plug and play OS installed say NO
Where it says Reset config data say YES...
Start up the machine...
the first time you shut down you may get the error... but after that it stops forever!!!

Here: http://www.devhood.com/messages/message ... d_id=42963 (scroll to the bottom post)

I'd try the search I offered above. There's about 470 results and it appears you're not the first with this problem. Check through some of the more relevant ones and see if they come close to what you are experiencing.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used to get that exact same error all the time, and I do not get it anymore. There are a few thing that I did, but I am not exactly sure which one resolved the problem.

First thing I did was to make sure I had all the lastest drivers, especially with the video card (in your case the Radeon card). After that I took my computer apart and made sure all my cards were fit tightly in the slots, and found that my graphics card was not all the way in the slot, it was not a tight fit. So I took it out and there was dust in the slot as well which I blew out with an air can. I then cleaned my whole computer and all the slots with the air can and made sure all the cards had tight fits into their slots. After this I no longer had that problem.

Your case may be different, but I just thought I would point out how mine seemed to get resolved.
  • ChrisMayhew
  • ChrisMayhew

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello.

Thanks i will have a search and see.

I also got a strange one after shutting down C&C Generals, it said WinSys.sys i think it was.

I only re-installed windows last week
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

The problem you are having that I used to have btw, was when I used to play C&C Tiberian Sun, which is made by Westood (now EA) just like Generals. So your situation seems to be very similiar to the one I had.
  • ChrisMayhew
  • ChrisMayhew

Post 3+ Months Ago

What sort of drivers did you update?

Im not really into any of the bios updates as i don't really know what im doing on that part of it.

If i have to update it i will do can you just tell me which you updated.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I first went to windows update and got all the latest drivers. I then went to my manufacturers site to get the latest drivers. My video card for instance is an ASUS V8200 GeForce, so I went to asus.com and download the latest drivers. My motherboard is a Asus A7a266 so I did get the latest BIOS updates. You might goto your manufacture site and read what changes took place between the BIOS updates so that you can see if any of the upgrades might potentially fix your problem. There are many good tutorials out there which tell you exactly how to Flash your ROM, but it is definetely risky if you have no idea what you are doing, as you could totally mess up your computer.

The only other main thing I did was clean out my computer good. I notice right after that my computer no longer crashed anymore, and I really think that was one of my major problems, the dust in the slots where my video card was, and the fact it wasn't in there all the way.
  • ChrisMayhew
  • ChrisMayhew

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well i have flashed my bios to the latest version works good. :D

I then updated graphics, sound, network cards all to the latest drivers.

Im going to run windows update now. Im hoping this will fix my problem.

Thanks for the help
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Keep us posted on if your problems disappear or if they still exist. I am curious if all your updates fixed your problem.
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Ft Worth TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was having alot of Blue Screen errors too with a XP2600+...

I solved it by buying Intel!
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Whatever haha. You weren't getting that blue screen simply because it was an AMD. I have an AMD and it runs great, and had that same problem in the past which is gone now. Nothing to do with being an AMD.

Also, out of every server I have ever owned, the one that had the most uptime and reliability was, YES, and AMD.
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

didnt say it was an AMD, but I did solve it with buying the Intel....
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well you just gave the impression that switching to an Intel is how you solve it. You could have easily bought a new AMD machine and resolved it as well. Just want to make sure people realize that and do not take your words to heart. AMD and Intel are both good companies, but it all comes down to your personal preference on what you go with. I wouldn't really blame either for problems you are having with your computer.
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

i didnt tell him "you solve the error by buying intel" i said I solved mine, by it......
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is great you are happy with your Intel btw, congratulations.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jimmie wrote:
i didnt tell him "you solve the error by buying intel" i said I solved mine, by it......

Which leads the impression that he could solve his buy buying an Intel. All I am saying is he can buy a new AMD as well, or whatever company he wants.
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea, i could have easily bought another AMD CPU and probably solved the problem... But i was ready for Intel....
  • ChrisMayhew
  • ChrisMayhew

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can i just say, even if it would solve my problems i wouldn't change from AMD to Intel.

For one my mother board only supports amd and duron processers. So it would mean a new Mother Board.

And i don't really like Intel from past computers i have had with intel chips.

I haven't have a single error yet, i went on the game it kept doing it with paused it for ages went back and it loads back up fine and didn't blue screen error like it did yesterday. :D

Maybe it's now fixed, i'll keep you posted. :)
  • ChrisMayhew
  • ChrisMayhew

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, i found out last night that one of my cables into my fuse box was coming out right? So im now thinking it's been coming out a long time so could this be causing spikes and making the blue screen error? I think it might as if it is causing spikes windows might think the hardware is being damaged.

Could this be also my problem? Since updating my bios i have only had the blue screen error 2 times.
  • Van Doe
  • Born
  • Born
  • Van Doe

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you need to check your RAM.
Can you exchange your RAM for trial, to see if any change?
Or, from BIOS you need to speed down your RAM.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 22 posts