Blue Screen

• gblondie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gblondie

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was listening to music and my music started skipping and then all of a sudden i got this blue screen that said shutting down computer due to .... And it shut down before I got a chance to read the rest and then when it turned back on it went into safe mode. if anyone knows what this could be in result to please let me know i would be greatly appreciative.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• gblondie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gblondie

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is my problem report from, Microsoft:

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini111309-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 00000010
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 87A5C1C8
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1
Server information: 22b35e51-7a5d-48ba-9616-a983e563ff10
  • gblondie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gblondie

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess this problem may seem normal to some but not me I am still having this problem!!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Boot to safe mode and follow these instructions to disable the automatic restart
http://www.watchingthenet.com/disable-a ... death.html

Then when you get the blue screen it will stay on screen instead of rebooting. Write down the exact error word for word and post it here.

To get any kind of possible help we need to know what that blue screen error is.

Sorry you didn't get an answer to this yet. I know I completely missed this post.
  • gblondie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gblondie

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok i will do thx
  • casablanca
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

The report seems to have all the information that a blue screen would. The BCCode: d1 indicates the error code, a quick search brings up the description here: http://kadaitcha.cx/xp/stop_error.html#0x000000D1

Blue screens are almost always caused by driver problems. If you always have this problem while listening to music, I'd suspect your audio driver.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree. It does look like a driver problem. I hate blue screens really. They tell you so little. I'd love to know what it takes to understand the parameters.

I mean really how vague is this to the common user
Quote:
Windows Driver Kit: Driver Development Tools
Bug Check 0xD1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bug check has a value of 0x000000D1. This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
Parameters

The following parameters are displayed on the blue screen.
Parameter Description
1 Memory referenced
2 IRQL at time of reference
3 0: Read

1: Write

8: Execute

4 Address that referenced memory

Cause

A driver tried to access an address that is pageable (or that is completely invalid) while the IRQL was too high.

This bug check is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses.

If the first parameter has the same value as the fourth parameter, and the third parameter indicates an execute operation, this bug check was likely caused by a driver that was trying to execute code when the code itself was paged out. Possible causes for the page fault include the following:

* The function was marked as pageable and was running at an elevated IRQL (which includes obtaining a lock).
* The function call was made to a function in another driver, and that driver was unloaded.
* The function was called by using a function pointer that was an invalid pointer.

Resolving the Problem

To begin debugging, use a kernel debugger to get a stack trace.

If the problem is caused by the driver that you are developing, make sure that the function that was executing at the time of the bug check is not marked as pageable or does not call any other inline functions that could be paged out.

That essentially is the answer to the problem.

I really should learn how to analyze these better. I just only recently learned how to use the minidumps but lost my debug tool.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts