Blue Screen in Vista and not in Windows 7?

• Bill_Thompson
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Has anyone tried Windows 7 yet? Let's cut to the chase. I got the Blue Screen of Death several times with Vista. Several times I got it because Vista did not allow for multiple virus detection programs being on one machine at the same time (they did not even have to be running). And now I am having a huge headache. I am getting the BSOD for seemingly just going through a collection of possible fonts that I might want to install. It seems there is a limit to the number of font windows you can have at the same time.

So naturally I am wondering what is next? And naturally I am wondering if really truly these problems are fixed with Windows 7.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wish I could tell you, I have no need or desire to run one or several AV programs on any of my machines. I also don't install new fonts either. But from my experience with Windows7 is it is a much better OS than Vista.
  • gu3
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NCL- England

Post 3+ Months Ago

From trying out windows 7 i would agree that it is far better than windows vista. However i dont understand why you would have the need to run more than one AV program at the same time? trying to do this tends to cause problems on machines as they are not designed to run together, not to mention that this will serious slow down your computer.
  • Bill_Thompson
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some AV programs catch some viruses and some catch others. THis is especially true if it is a new virus. At least that was the case in the past
  • orchidmysts
  • Born
  • Born
  • orchidmysts

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:
Wish I could tell you, I have no need or desire to run one or several AV programs on any of my machines. I also don't install new fonts either. But from my experience with Windows7 is it is a much better OS than Vista.

Wish that was the only problem I was having..i'm getting the blue screen of death saying corrupt, no disk etc..and I cant get into safe mode..I did the F10 got to the safemode screen then my comp gave me an lass error and after that it told me that xp could not log into safemode..funny I can get into the bios..yes I tried resetting it to default..didnt work, my comp is doing the loop thing really pissing me off..how can I save my pics etc if I cant get into safemode..i want to save my pics files etc..and then format my hd..help!!!!!
  • orchidmysts
  • Born
  • Born
  • orchidmysts

Post 3+ Months Ago

so now ive tried just about everything..and now my comp says im missing a kernel..reloaded win xp home hoping it would reload the files..but...NOOOO cant be my luck

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts