XP Re-Boot Loop

• octopus71
  • octopus71

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi
uh my PC has had a weird problem lately in that it reboots itself at random intervals. i have tried it with externals(printer, scanner) to see if they were causing the problem but it made no difference. There is no error message or anything - just reboots. sometimes it gets into a loop of rebooting, within seconds of each other,, before the initial boot screen even shows up. im running XP home. any thoughts?
thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• DuckIT
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: London, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds like dreaded Sasser strikes again! Check this thread:

http://www.ozzu.com/mswindows-forum/sasser-virus-info-lsass-exe-terminates-with-error-code-t24247.html

& do a full virus check of your machine! Also patch your machine using Windows Update and get a software firewall!

S
  • GEEFORCE
  • Born
  • Born
  • GEEFORCE

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am a newbie in all aspects, but I can find my way around the computer alright. I have read the threads regarding sasser and how to get it off, but I have yet to figure out how to stop the reboot loop so that I can begin the process. Can anyone help. I have Windows XP HOME, it does not allow me to go into safe mode, except to bring up a list of files when I click on that, I can get into the BIOS if I had to, I see the splash, but it never gets to the start menu. Goes back to reboot. Please help.

GEE
  • SecureITGroup
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey GEEFORCE i had a dell come in that did the same thing your computer is doing when it boots and gets to the login screen and it just reboots and the same happens when you go into safe mode. What i did was boot to the windows xp media and press r. It is the Recovery Console. And it worked the first time.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts