I can't find Longhorn

• dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loc: Dallas, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks. I'm using Earthlink and my Uncle was the one who told me to use it. I'm going to tell him not to use it anymore. How do you know what ISP i use?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Where ever you surf on the net, you leave your IP behind for anybody to snatch. Anyway I got your IP because you are on the boards. I put the red blotches in the screenshot so that nobody would know your full IP. Anyway you have major issues with your ISP, and my feeling is they are the cause of all your problems, not your computer. Thats just a guess though. You connection definetely has problems, however.
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you read my new post in the Redhat Forum? Please reply to that one not this one.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes I read it. I read everything.
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

It seems like my Uncle has dial up problems too. I was talking to him yesterday. I gave him the link that you gave me for the graph so he can do a trace route on his ISP. When i can afford it. I might look into a cable modem. How does that work? Do i have to hook up the modem myself? or does someone hook it up for me? Do i need a firewall for a cable modem? Bigwebmaster is right it would solve all of my problems. What is faster cable modem or DSL?

Thanks
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Make a new topic if you want to compare and contrast between types of connections and how to use them. That really is a completely different subject then trying to get Windows Longhorn (the subject of this topic)
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, I got emule to work today for my first time. I'm downloading Windows Longhorn. It's going to be really tough to get with a 56k modem. It probably going to disconnect on me in the middle of the download. I got it to work because i just installed XP and i made sure all of the files was installed. It made a big difference.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is good to hear. Good luck :D

The nice thing about eMule or Kazaa is that if you lose your connection, you will not have to start over. You will get to start where you left off, just as if you were using a download manager.
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

My download with Windows Longhorn is almost complete. Do i burn Lonhorn the same way as i would burn any ISO image? It's a PART file. 001.part. I took a look in the folder where it is being saved to. It told me it was a part file. Is a part file different then an .iso?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its probably a part file because you aren't finished downloading it yet. Kazaa and eMule are built in a way so that you can download many parts at once from multiple users, and then once its complete it will build it back into one file (the file you clicked on to download).
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys

How can i adward someone 100 participation points? Can someone help me out with this? I don't know much about points.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

• dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

check your PM gadget Guru