can't make new connection on xp pro

• bowtieman
  • Born
  • Born
  • bowtieman

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello,ppl i was wondering why i can't make a new connection ,in contol panel,network connections, after my buddy reinstalled and kept the same settings on win xp pro over the first xp pro.It doesn't give me the option to click on, (connect using a dial up modem) any help would appreciated thnx :lol:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Alkatr0z
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Alkatr0z
  • Loc: Adelaide, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there,

I had the same problem several weeks ago. I found a fix for it on the MS Knowledge Base and it worked for me. In my case I just used a registry fix they had on there, but it seems they have a hotfix for it now. They can explain it alot better than me and match up the error messages and stuff to yours rather than me reinventing the wheel typing it all up again. Here is the link:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329441&Product=winxp

Good luck with it,
Alkatr0z
  • bowtieman
  • Born
  • Born
  • bowtieman

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi,alkatrOz where the hotfix u were talking about i checked it out but did'nt know where to go thnx again
  • Alkatr0z
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Alkatr0z
  • Loc: Adelaide, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well the hotfix is to prevent the problem so it probably doesn't actually fix it though its probably worth a try. Its available through Windows Update or the Windows Update Catalog. I used the workaround detailed at the bottom of the page i previously linked as installing SP1 didn't fix my problem.
Quote:
Administrators can download this update from the Windows Update Catalog to deploy to multiple computers. If you want to obtain this update to install later on one or more than one computer, search for Q329441 by using the Advanced Search Options feature in the Windows Update Catalog.

Catalog URL:
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/default.asp

Alkatr0z

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts