Can some confirmed - Outlook question

• rsn00
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rsn00

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I hope someone can clear up this question I have. I haven't really found anything online that tells me yes or no so hopefully someone who've worked with Outlook can.

We are using Outlook 2000 and 2003 without exchange. My boss wants us to have calendar and out of office. From what I know, you can't have those two without the Exchange. But lately he's been passing me how to do things he found online. Net folders, out of office rule setup, and Internet Free/Busy Feature in Outlook with Internet Mode only.

I looked over the articles and with what we have, Net folders can't be use because 2003 doesn't have net folders. Out of Office: What good would that make if the computer is log off of Outlook? And Internet Free/Busy Freature - I've set up all the computers to use Corporate Mode which can be change to Internet.

My question is if I do use Internet Free/Busy Feature - does that required a server such as exchange? When I tried setting it up, it ask for a URL "Publish at this URL". To me, that looks like it's asking for the mail server information.

Thanks for any comments.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291621
Internet Free/Busy Feature

According to the MS KB, a server is needed but it doesn't have to be a mail server, such as exchange. It can be a web or FTP server.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/195867
Net Folders

That appears to be LAN only and not accessible remotely.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts