•  
    yes
  •  
    no

Cannot Loggin to Windows

• HyattRoks
  • HyattRoks

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey this is my first problem posted on this site.... hope you can help!

Well i was on my pc last night and nothing odd or unusual happened all my scans came back clean and i turned it off (spyware scan and registry mechanic)
when i turned it on in the morning i couldnt login to either of the two accounts on the pc.
It went logging in please wait or what ever it says showed my background picture and then went immediatly back to logging out please wait (without showing start menu icons etc)
i did this in safe mode.
also tried logging in the old fash way using ctrl alt del and typing in user name and it did the same and returned me to the new login screen.

just to get on i had 2 load windows onto a spare hard drive and i checked my downloaded files for viruses using symantic corprate edition.

any solutions? this new istall has no updates or any of my programs or settings would really like to go back tot the old 1!

thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would connect the problem drive to another PC using an external USB HD enclosure and delete the same file from the system32 and repair directories. Put it back in the PC and boot it. All accounts should have a blank password at that point.
  • HyattRoks
  • HyattRoks

Post 3+ Months Ago

its been deleted but still have the problem
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

And I don't follow this part:

Quote:
just to get on i had 2 load windows onto a spare hard drive and i checked my downloaded files for viruses using symantic corprate edition.

any solutions? this new istall has no updates or any of my programs or settings would really like to go back tot the old 1!

The behavior you are describing is typically what happens when you don't activate XP in the specified time period. Is the XP in question activated? And what do you mean by download files? What exactly were you downloading?
  • HyattRoks
  • HyattRoks

Post 3+ Months Ago

no its activated, fake. but activated as far as microsoft know its a genuine copy, and i think your getting confused with vista as vista locks you out but XP just asks you to buy genuine or no updates. and with my copy of xp i can download all the updates and it passes all the vaildation checks. and i had downloaded a song off limewire the song has been deleted but still have the problem.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm sorry, I wrote same file. I meant the SAM file. LOL

Also, you never mentioned Limewire. Who knows what kind of strange things come through that?
  • HyattRoks
  • HyattRoks

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, well i had another look on google for my problem and someone with the same problem said it was a worm that changed the login file and replaced it with another file and all i had 2 do was swap the files but the file he said was the bad one wasn't there.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

What files did he mention? Exactly, what does he call the 'login file'?
  • HyattRoks
  • HyattRoks

Post 3+ Months Ago

"Instead of "wsaupdater.exe", the data should contain "userinit.exe,". "
thats the file names any help?
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

MS has a knowledge base article on it. See if that helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892893

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts