I cant do a clean install of windows XP

• jawsome
  • Born
  • Born
  • jawsome

Post 3+ Months Ago

I posted my issue in another fourm but i can probably get a good response here.

To read my issue, click here.

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1197127307
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• jawsome
  • Born
  • Born
  • jawsome

Post 3+ Months Ago

I plan on shipping the computer back to compaq/HP sometime next week but if i can fix it myself I would prefer that since I like to do such things myself.

here is my question reposted from the other fourms so you dont have to click the link.

reposted from other fourm:
"Ok so here is the issue. I have acompaq presario SR1130NX and over a year ago I ungraded it with a 128 ATI video card on the AGP port and did a clean install of windows xp professional because i did not want Compaqs pre installed XP home on it. The system worked fine for over a year until recently there was a hardware falaure and I shipped it back to Compaq/HP. They did a number of things, they replaced the whole motherboard and a couple other componets, and reinstalled home addition and the factory setting partitions. I get the computer back and it boots to windows XP home edition fine, but I tried to upgrade the system to professional and I get this stop error screen. I decided to screw diong and upgrade and just do a clean install and reformat everything and i still get many different stop error screens I tried removing the video card I installed and I stillg e tthe stop error screen. I tried a new fresh stick of ram and I still get the stop error screen. I can boot to home edition fine.....but I cannot install windows xp professional. (I even tried to install 2000, and server 2003 and all the same issues) Another problem is evertime i start up my computer it goes to the OS choices menu and "Uprgade to windows xp professional" is prehighlighted so it boots to the stop error screen on default and i have to select home edition to get any kind of system boot. Default system configs: Amd XP processor. 512 ddr sdram 32 bit onboard graphics 160 GB harddrive I have my 128 mb video card that ive tried to boot with and without. And I have another gig of ddr sdram that I just bought and if tried to boot with 1.5 gigs of ram. 1 gig. and 512mb of ram. I tried all the slot and Ive changed around bios configs... I have never been able to boot to the os but not do a clean install...can anyone help? "
  • X3ndou
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Run memtest on your memory to verify that it's good. Take out the hard drive and try installing on a different one. Remove anything else in the machine (addon cards, extra optical drives, etc). Also, specify the exact error messages you get as it will make it easier to diagnose your problem.
  • jawsome
  • Born
  • Born
  • jawsome

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is the main stop error i am getting

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop Ox000000D1

acpi.sys- Address F73d0750 base at F73C6000, DateStamp 3d6ddd69f
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius